Pre-match thread

sidcow

• Going to be there with the Mrs in the Wigan end..she's an evertonian but she reacons she can do a 'pie eater' accent if challenged! free tickets so going to take the risk. Every home games is an away for me so as my house is half an hour away from Wigan be nice not to set out mega early. Let's keep the run going  another 3 points and no more injuries.
  • Like 1

0-0.

Wigan don't concede or score many and we've only beaten Rotherham away this year and we even made hard work of that. The game at VP was very hard fought win.

We've generally had a good record there over the years. I went the year McLeish was in charge which was predictably a terrible game, 0-0 and the day Villa fans started to turn big time on him.

Incredibly both teams stayed up that season.

@John - I guess we are due a loss then? That said, we should go into this fixture with some confidence and make a good stab at 5 wins in 6. That would be fantastic. Mesmeric in fact...

Sadly, I 'refused' this game as an away as I am down at the O2 Arena at some Star Wars exhibition. Fingers crossed that we make them pay for being at the bottom (ish) of the table, and hope everyone has a safe journey there and back.

10 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

@John - I guess we are due a loss then? That said, we should go into this fixture with some confidence and make a good stab at 5 wins in 6. That would be fantastic. Mesmeric in fact...

Sadly, I 'refused' this game as an away as I am down at the O2 Arena at some Star Wars exhibition. Fingers crossed that we make them pay for being at the bottom (ish) of the table, and hope everyone has a safe journey there and back.

I am confident that the force will be with us at Wigan. Hope your enjoy your day at the O2.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

DW stadium is 15 minute drive from my house in Warrington......so of course this weekend, I'm visiting family in South Wales......FFS!!

It's close to us as well but I have to work