Pre-match thread

BOF

Must win game - minimum of 3 points required to keep that last play-off spot miracle happening.

Or meaningless draw, with small signs of improvement.  Steve Bruce thread continues the never-ending circle of stability vs out.

Or depressing loss following impressive start, hitting the woodwork and then individual brainfart. Bruce out.

Take your pick.

• Like 2

Head: slow plodding 1-1'er until an 89th minute Johnstone blunder gifts Weds a win. Bruce northern mumble about errors, pints of mild and hot pots or summat. I don't know. 

Heart: Villa 3 - 1 Owls.

We'll be full of optimism in the first half hour. Chances, we'll hit the post, the bar, the keeper and the line. All over them like a rash.

I really hope we take our bloody chances.

The left side will be our weakness tomorrow. for some reason we hug the wings instead of breaking through the middle and IMO we are so weak down that left flank.

The outcome of the game will rely on who scores first and when.

if it is 0-0 at half time we will need to come out for the 2nd half with all guns blazing and we will need to go for the kill, because if they score first they will shut up shop and they are difficult to break down as it is.

I'm going for a 2-1 loss but hope to god I'm wrong

Bringing my daughter along again for the fourth time tomorrow and she is yet to see a home defeat this season. She's yet to see a 90 minute performance of brilliance either, but two wins and a draw is okay I guess.

I think we will find this every bit as tricky as the Derby game... and I am hopeful that we can match or better the scoreline. That will be a challenge with the staff we have out injured/suspended. That Bacuna moment has really come home to roost hasn't it?

• Like 2

Going by "Bruce-style"

We have to have a really shit 1st half but go in 0-0 at half-time. Then come out and get a goal from a setpiece or Kodjia magic, hanging on for the last 15mins, ending up with ShefW leaving their shooting boots at home/conceeding for a draw/falling apart to a defeat.

Otherwise its a "GK should have saved it" or a caving in after being under siege for a 10/15 period sometime in the second half resulting in a 0-1 defeat.

I envisage lots of Defensive/GK panic, Hoofing and "I'll turn this around......blah,blah"

On 09/03/2017 at 09:48, KHV said:

We will win this if we can learn to hit the bloody target

What are you thinking. Sacrifice a pig and hang its bloodied carcase from the back of the net?  It's a novel idea for sure! 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

What are you thinking. Sacrifice a pig and hang its bloodied carcase from the back of the net?  It's a novel idea for sure! 

Well McCormack isn't pulling up any trees at Forest :D

• Like 1