Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Chindie

I stumbled on about 7, had to use a guide for the rest. They aren't particularly well hidden, but they only appear when you're right on top of them.

They apparently open up an extended ending if you get all of them.

The frame rate fix on switch is a very welcome addition. No stuttering in kakariko village or heavily forested areas. Much better.

Can you finish everything up after beating the game or do you have to mop everything up before the end?

9 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

The frame rate fix on switch is a very welcome addition. No stuttering in kakariko village or heavily forested areas. Much better.

Can you finish everything up after beating the game or do you have to mop everything up before the end?

It creates a save quite literally immediately before the final boss, so you can finish it and go mop everything up and finish it again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It creates a save quite literally immediately before the final boss, so you can finish it and go mop everything up and finish it again.

Cheers, that's good. 

• 2 weeks later...

Its the best game I've played in a while. It feels like one of those rare titles that actually feels revolutionary. Perhaps not the revelation that Mario 64 felt like, for instance, but the sheer flexibility it offers is astounding and elements of it are going to be in a lot of games within the next few years.

Completed it today. I got all the Divine Beasts and memories so I received the true ending (though it was still a bit meh) but I didn't 100% in regards to the shrines (98/120), side quests and Koroks because I felt the urge to finish it rising and my interest waning.

Great game. Doesn't top Ocarina but that game will always be rather special to me. I still feel the Divine Beast dungeons were a bit crap, short and samey and I enjoyed the shrines but none of them made up for dedicated dungeons with different aesthetics, moods and puzzles. That's what Zelda is to me, so not having that was quite a negative.

The immense open world however was an absolute treat and I spent many an hour exploring and discovering. Storywise it was less focused due to the open-world and non-linear format, but it's not like it really suffered as Zelda games more or less have the same core story and they're never going to win any awards for the narrative.

So yes, very enjoyable though far from perfect: 8.5/10

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Bump. Bought a Switch for Mario and have spent the month playing Zelda instead. It's bloody lovely. 

Wonderful game. Started my second play through recently, just wonderful.

Shamefully, my first ever Zelda experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Just started this.

Put an hour into it and it's lovely so far. Obviously not got into the guts yet, but it's warmly familiar whilst also being glaringly different straight from the off.

I can't wait to really get my teeth into it.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Just started this.

Put an hour into it and it's lovely so far. Obviously not got into the guts yet, but it's warmly familiar whilst also being glaringly different straight from the off.

It jusst gets better and better and better :) 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Just started this.

Enjoy it. Those first couple of hours on the Plateau are just scratching the surface, getting you to understand the way things will go.

Fought the stone talus yet?

35 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Enjoy it. Those first couple of hours on the Plateau are just scratching the surface, getting you to understand the way things will go.

Fought the stone talus yet?

I spent **** ages on top of the tower with that old bloke trying to find all the shrines with my tablet, marking them on the map. Every time I went back over he mocked me for not being able to find them all.

It genuinely took me about 20 minutes before I realised he was waiting for me to actually go to each one and then come back to him. I thought it was like a little training quet to get used to the tablet :D

I dont' know what the Stone Talus is so probably not

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I spent **** ages on top of the tower with that old bloke trying to find all the shrines with my tablet, marking them on the map. Every time I went back over he mocked me for not being able to find them all.

It genuinely took me about 20 minutes before I realised he was waiting for me to actually go to each one and then come back to him. I thought it was like a little training quet to get used to the tablet :D

I dont' know what the Stone Talus is so probably not

You'll find it :)

Â