Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Chindie

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whoever's saying that must be beyond retarded. We seem to be living in an age where people are extremely quick to call things 'the great of all time'. 

And where a bit of hyperbole is considered "beyond retarded".

42 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whoever's saying that must be beyond retarded. We seem to be living in an age where people are extremely quick to call things 'the great of all time'. 

I don't know. Personally a few hours in I don't think it's quite Greatest Ever, but I can see why some people might think so.

It's certainly pretty bloody good.

throwing it out there other than the art style and the zelda element whats this game doing that the likes of skyrim and the witcher arent?

and more for its own thread i suppose but the switch sounds like a 2017 console that couldnt run the witcher

13 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I can only assume you have put in a few hours. What's your issue?

18 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Have you played it?

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Have you played it?

Every statement in the media about this game is hyperbolic.

In the wild the reactions to this game are mixed and somewhat realistic, it's only the media calling this the "greatest of all time",

57 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Every statement in the media about this game is hyperbolic.

In the wild the reactions to this game are mixed and somewhat realistic, it's only the media calling this the "greatest of all time",

Ok. I was only asking. 

Maybe it's just really good?

You seem to be dead against it being Vrated!

It's not greatest of all time, there's some issues that mean it can't be that for me, but it's very very very good. Nothing else I know if has the same feeling of... 'adventure' I guess that this does, and it has little touches others wouldn't bother with or do so well.

Shoe in for top 5 of the year, arguably 3, and it'll top many people's lists in December IMO.

Going to sell my Xbox One for this. I thought I could resist but like many, Zelda holds a special place in my heart and this game looks incredible. 

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

My favourite game of all time is ff9, it's not held in that high regard by most compared to some other games despite being a very good game. If BotW fits that mould for me I'll be more than happy.

Some people think it's possibly the greatest game ever made, some don't, whatever. Just enjoy it ffs or trade it in if you don't. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

This is dauntingly large. You don't realise until you start to explore further that the game world is huge. And the fact it doesn't full the map with icons (you have to find everything yourself, the only help you get is effectively a telescope, a thing that beeps when you're 'close' to something, and a map you can put some markers on) makes it feel even bigger.

14 hours ago, Chindie said:

This is dauntingly large. You don't realise until you start to explore further that the game world is huge. And the fact it doesn't full the map with icons (you have to find everything yourself, the only help you get is effectively a telescope, a thing that beeps when you're 'close' to something, and a map you can put some markers on) makes it feel even bigger.

So dowsing from Skyward Sword makes a return? As well as the beacons. Interesting. I think I saw the beacons in old demos, I feel they're almost essential given how huge the game looks.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

So dowsing from Skyward Sword makes a return? As well as the beacons. Interesting. I think I saw the beacons in old demos, I feel they're almost essential given how huge the game looks.

I can't say I played Skyward Sword so wouldn't know. You get a radar effectively that pings when you're near to a shrine and facing it. But near is a relative term, I've had it go off regularly and not seen a thing anywhere nearby.

Pinning points of interest is very useful, you spot things from the towers that look interesting and inevitably it'll have something to do there.

The shrines are excellent. And you find a few intriguing things in the wilds, I found something early on I still don't know the purpose of a dozen hours later.

It's great.

Really enjoying so far, I have only done the first objective though.

I wouldnt go as far to say it's the greatest game ever but it is very, very good.

The only annoying thing is the framerate drops and the poor draw distance/pop ins.

Â