Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Chindie

I haven't really got a game to get my teeth in to at the moment and there's not much coming out soon that I'm interested in, so I'm considering giving this a second play through.

I've only ever tried to do that with Skyrim when that got remastered for the PS4 and it ruined it for me for some reason, it was nowhere near as fun. I don't want to ruin my lovely memories of BotW.

10 hours ago, Risso said:

The deteriorating weapons was my biggest mental block with it at first, but once you get properly into it, you learn to cope.

It still annoys me to be honest. The best solution is to get as many weapon slots as you can by cashing in your seeds. I'd still prefer that to not be a thing though.

Edit: also if you can tackle those coloseum style ruins near the centre of the map you get loads of really high powered weapons. Need to be geared up though. The Lynel in the middle is a hard mothertrucker

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, Risso said:

I know Stevo, I finished it ages ago remember?! 😉

The Lynel in the ruins is dead easy though, they all are where there's something you can hide behind.

Ha, the advice was aimed at trog who was just starting ;)

Yeah but that Lynel had lightning arrows that rained down from the sky which made hiding behind pillars nowhere near as effective. he was by far the hardest one I fought. Even using all 3 Urbosa's fury didn't even get hald of his health down.

10 minutes ago, Risso said:

The only one that caused me any bother was the double hard bastard out in the open air in the snowy region.  No cover at all, and he hit like an absolute tank.

Ha yeah. I think that was the first one I encountered. When I had like 4 hearts and a 15 sword. Didn't last very long :D 

Edit: just googled it and it seems the baddies in the ruins get harder and harder depending on how levelled up and geared up you are. I only went there the other day so maybe the lynel was extra badass.

Edited by Stevo985

Not had a chance to get on this again yet - last time I played I was just arriving in the village you get directed to after Kakariko (can't remember what it's called). When I do get on it I'm very much looking forward to expanding my inventory slots. Wasn't sure what you meant by 'seeds' so gave it a quick Google and now think I have the idea but I didn't want to look into the locations etc. of anything as I want to find things for myself.

It's also frustrating that there isn't a swap weapons option for when you have a full inventory and there's a weapon you want to pick up (unless I'm missing something). Seems like I either have to throw it or go into the menu to drop it before picking up the new one.

Still can't wait to play it again though. Hopefully tomorrow I can grab a couple of hours; I just waste most of it wandering around though!

17 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

It's also frustrating that there isn't a swap weapons option for when you have a full inventory and there's a weapon you want to pick up (unless I'm missing something). Seems like I either have to throw it or go into the menu to drop it before picking up the new one.

Yep that's very very annoying. Only seems like a minor inconvenience at first but when you're doing it again and again it's annoying. 

As for the seeds, no spoilers but they're everywhere. You need loads, but you'll soon get the hang of the kind of places they are, and when you're exploring you'll find yourself naturally going to the same sorts of places and finding them. It's one of those things you can't really set out to go and find a load, you just have to play the long game and collect them as you go.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Wandering around is all part of the fun.

I still haven't finished it. I got sidetracked by Mario Odyssey. I've finished the main story on that though so will dive back into BOTW soon. I could finish the game tomorrow I've just spent too long wandering around looking for random stuff!

• 2 months later...

Bought this game the other day, struggling to get into it atm (that's just down to me). 

I'm trying to get to one of the cave mini-game things but it's in a cold area so I keep dying. What's the way around this?

37 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Bought this game the other day, struggling to get into it atm (that's just down to me). 

I'm trying to get to one of the cave mini-game things but it's in a cold area so I keep dying. What's the way around this?

Everyone struggles at first I think. I was the same and a few others in here were.

Once it clicks though it's immense.

You need a different kind of tunic to save you from the cold. So avoid that area until you find it. I can't remember off the top of my head where it is. 

There's armour and outfits later in the game that are much better at shielding you from the cold, but the tunic was the first thing I found that helped so that's probably what you're after.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2019 at 10:07, Warnock said:

Iirc, the solution comes from an old man in a hut...

Yes, I was a bit underwhelmed at first, but like me being a bit underwhelmed by Deam Smith as well, boy was I ever wrong.  The scale of it is quite daunting at first, and the weapon system with things breaking took some getting used to, but by the end of it you'll be convinced it's nothing short of a masterpiece.  Stick with it, I promise you it's worth it.

Still playing this with the daughter. I think we've got about 20 shrines left and that's about it (except for the korok seeds, obviously) and even after 160+ hours it isn't boring.  It's definitely an all timer.  

On 25/04/2019 at 10:07, Warnock said:

Either the tunic like @Stevo985 says, or I believe you could find some peppers on the plateau to cook that would give you buff against cold for a time. Either that or I think equipping a torch (that’s aflame of course) protects from the cold.

Â