Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Chindie

Just now, Chindie said:

The places he appears aren't obvious, for instance by Kakariko iirc he appears in the hills above the village in a slightly awkward spot. I literally only spotted him there by accident seeing his stall as I came over the hill.

I can't remember if he rotates around the places he appears or whether he just spawns in near any places you go to a night.

The stuff he sells isn't that great though that I can recall.

It's amazing how many things I just happen upon by accident.

Makes me wonder how much stuff I've missed.

Done the last divine beast. So I could finish the game. 

Going to upgrade all my armour first and clean up a few side missions that I haven’t done yet. 

I have 95 shrines which isn’t bad considering I’ve not really been actively seeking them out. 

Also just got the DLC. “Hero’s path” is interesting but also feels a bit cheaty. 

15 hours ago, Risso said:

You haven't done Tarrey Town?  You should...

Bloody hell, this game.

I had to google that. I think that's the first thing I've properly googled in this whole game (well I've asked some questions in here, I guess that's the same thing. But still)

I would have NEVER found how to even start that quest. I'd been to the exact house you need to go to to start it but not noticed the guy who starts the quest. So I would have never thought to go back there again.

Makes you realise how many things you've probably missed.

Edited by Stevo985

There's something I want to tell you @Stevo985, which I don't think is a spoiler and I think I'd have liked someone to have told me when I was playing it...

Spoiler

...don't waste your time heavily preparing and obtaining the best armour before fighting Ganon. I did and it was so ridiculously easy I finished it in about 90 seconds, no exaggeration. I found it one of the most disappointing endings to a game ever.

This is a right prickish thing to do isn't it? :lol:. I'm sorry, feel free to ignore.

10,000 rupees for the last great fairy to open up? Cheeky bitch

the last few hours of upgrading armour and doing side quests has made me realise how important it is to collect as much shit as possible when you’re playing. 

You probably feel like it’s pointless half the time collecting all the monster guts or flowers or bugs or whatever. 

It ain’t!

On 15/11/2018 at 22:54, Risso said:

You haven't done Tarrey Town?  You should...

That was an absolute slog of a quest.

Although it was clearly something I was meant to have found very early in the game and then gradually completed as I went through, as opposed to doing it all in one go.

Weirdly i completely missed the climbing bandana. I assume there was some way to acquire that fairly early on. I got the rest of the set but not that. Ended up buying it off a guy in Tarrey Town for 4000 rupees! 

• Like 1

Spent ages getting the ancient horse armour. Thought it would be brilliant to be able to call my horse from anywhere on the map.

First time I tried it 

"Tellulah can't seem to hear you"

**** off.

Got this as part of my Switch bundle pack, was going to sell but after reading these comments, i'm gonna keep it and give it a go!

The last Zelda game I played was A Link To The Past for the SNES about 20+ years ago!

19 hours ago, Si. said:

Got this as part of my Switch bundle pack, was going to sell but after reading these comments, i'm gonna keep it and give it a go!

The last Zelda game I played was A Link To The Past for the SNES about 20+ years ago!

It's superb, mate. You won't regret keeping it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got this for Christmas.

I pretty much never play new games these days and when I have done over the last few years, it's been either FIFA, FM or the odd old strategy/management game (although I did get Two Point Hospital because I loved the original Theme Hospital). I got a Switch in January but I've hardly been on it - played the very opening of Mario Odyssey and not returned to it (although I do intend to) and Mario Kart comes out now and again when friends/family are round. Work and becoming a dad this year have simply meant I've not used it as much as I intended to.

However, I've had a free day today and spent a few hours on Zelda. I love it already. Just completed the first four shrines in the opening area so there's clearly a lot ahead, but just roaming around and getting to know things is really fun and I've been taking my time doing that. I've never been on a Zelda game before at all, and I'm a bit apprehensive with playing new games in general because I can't be arsed getting used to a load of new stuff when I'm not a gamer by any means, but this is just great. It reminds me a little of Fable (on the Xbox) which was a favourite of mine.

• Like 2

Â