Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Chindie

On 1/23/2018 at 13:25, Chindie said:

Nice to see the weapon degradation thing going the way it usually does and no longer being an issue ;)

Yes, the weapons degradation has degraded!

A few things still rankle though, and chief amongst them is rain.  There's a lynel I want to go and kill (having killed my first one yesterday), but he's at the top of some cliffs that are too high for the instant flight boost, and when it rains, you obviously can't climb up.  And now I've had three bouts of rain and one lightning in a row.  What they should have done was make the two fairy improvement set bonus for the climbing armor the ability to climb in wet weather.  Most other hindrances (eg being frozen) have a set bonus to counter them, so for me this would have been a fair trade off, after having put up with it all game so far.

I've got the beating of lynels now.  The soldier armor with three upgrades on each piece makes you pretty impervious to their axe attacks, so just keep shooting them in the face then jump on their back and beat the bejaysus out of them.

This game!

I know roughly how many shrines there are, but then apparently I've only found about 2/3 of them.  I've got all of the obvious ones, and the less obvious hidden ones, so think I've mainly got the ones that you find as a result of Shrine Quests to go now, so they're taking a lot longer.

And forget what I said about Lynels above, the red and blue ones are OK, but a recent attempt at a white/silver one saw it tear me a new one! :D

According to an online map I've done around 90% of the shrines now.

It's been my main focus tbh as I just adore doing them.

Done 3/4 of the divine beasts now and had a mooch around Hyrule Castle which was good fun.

15 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Maybe have a crack at Eventide, if you've not already?

It truly is a spectacular game.

I really enjoyed Eventide once I got over the initial shock of

Spoiler

having no weapons and armour again :D

Edited by Designer1

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Weapon degradation in Zelda? Yes.

It's a bit of a pain for the first few hours but after that it's way less troublesome.

Now I have finished Mario, will jump back on with this. What is the difference now? How much longer would a broadsword last, for example?

49 minutes ago, Dick said:

Now I have finished Mario, will jump back on with this. What is the difference now? How much longer would a broadsword last, for example?

Trust literally everyone who plays it when they say it’s annoying for the first 10% of the game then becomes a nothing issue. It’s crazy how pretty much everyone has the same experience with it. You’ll be adamant that it sucks as well despite people saying ‘just wait it out’.

1 hour ago, Dick said:

It's not that they last longer as such, it's that you can get a lot more weapon slots and have a bigger variety of weapons, and of course the master sword.

18 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Trust literally everyone who plays it when they say it’s annoying for the first 10% of the game then becomes a nothing issue. It’s crazy how pretty much everyone has the same experience with it. You’ll be adamant that it sucks as well despite people saying ‘just wait it out’.

18 hours ago, Risso said:

It's not that they last longer as such, it's that you can get a lot more weapon slots and have a bigger variety of weapons, and of course the master sword.

Gotcha.

i was never *that* bothered by degradation tbh. Just had to be tactical with it.

Â