villa89

41 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Hourihane for Gardner. 

Grealish for Green

3-0 loss. 

When did we last win 3 in a row?, 

I think I read 2008.

• Like 2

We've a thin squad right now haven't we?

----------------------Johnstone-----------------------

Hutton---------Chester--------Baker----------Taylor

-------------------------Jedinak----------------------

---------------Lansbury-------Hourihane-----------

Adomah-------------------------------------Grealish

-------------------------Kodjia------------------------

Subs

Bunn, Amavi, Elphick, Bree, Bjarnason, Davis and someone who will get a squad number for the first time.

In the squad but unavailable for this one:

• RIchards
  • Bacuna
  • Hogan
  • Agbonlahor
  • Kozak
  • Green
  • Gardner
  • De Laet
  • Hepburn-Murphy

And that list doesn't include the half a dozen players we've got out on loan.

A single injury to anyone not in our back four in training will see us having to play someone most of us won't ever have seen - that's a bit scary.

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A single injury to anyone not in our back four in training will see us having to play someone most of us won't ever have seen - that's a bit scary.

Birkir can cover all midfield positions. 

Is RHM still recovering then? 

This might actually be near to Designer's 85-0 you know, but to us, so we will move above scum heath after they get bum-raped by Dirty Leedszzz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Oh, fair play then! It looks very good. 

Apart from the fact you've got Rotherham's average position as 10th, obviously

Funnily enough I spotted that before reading your post and have since fixed it :) But cheers for the heads up otherwise. I'm not quite sure how I never spotted that in the past. You've no idea how many hours I've spent tweaking that whole thing (that's one of many sheets).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Birkir can cover all midfield positions. 

Is RHM still recovering then? 

Good point! :) and yes, I believe he is. 

it does seem strange to me that given how many players we seem to have brought into the club this season, we're unlikely to be able to fill our bench with players from the first team squad this weekend. Its odd how quiet it is about that considering just how many players we're missing - and the half dozen or so that are out on loan.

7 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Hopeful of another win on what is yet another new ground to tick off. Its been the saving grace of this dreaful season, going to new grounds. Lets hope we fare better at this one than we have at the others.

2-1 Villa

They'll also be our first 'double' this season.  We've been no-one's double yet, and actually looking at it, only Wednesday & Norwich of the remaining 12 are in a position to do it.

• Like 2

Johnstone

Hutton Chester Baker Taylor

Jedinak

Hourihane Lansbury

Adomah    Kodjia      Amavi

Same team for me, Hourihane replacing Gardner though (although he played most of the last one anyway)

Amavi replacing Green as he's much more of a left winger (potentially) than Grealish who slows the play down and isn't direct enough

38 minutes ago, BOF said:

They'll also be our first 'double' this season.  We've been no-one's double yet, and actually looking at it, only Wednesday & Norwich of the remaining 12 are in a position to do it.

Its a bit hard to "double" and "be doubled" when you start the season drawing every sodding week.

Actually, we could get a few "draw doubles" instead!

Edited by One For The Road

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

we could get abfee "draw doubles" instead!

No doubting that alright :lol:

It's why I'm "technically right" but it means "sod all" :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chappy said:

Think it was April 2010, possibly Portsmouth, Hull and SHA

You are quite right. We beat Portsmouth (a) 2-1, Hull (a) 2-1 & Small Heath (h) 1-0 in April 2010.  

Runs of wins were more regular back then. We won 4 on the trot in December 2009 beating Hull (h) 3-0, Manchester Utd (a) 1-0, Sunderland (a) 2-0 & Stoke (h) 1-0. We had done the same in August/September 2009 beating Liverpool (a) 3-1, Fulham (h) 2-0, Small Heath (a) 1-0 & Portsmouth (h) 2-0. We added a third in December 2008/January 2009 beating Hull (a) 1-0, WBA (h) 2-1, Sunderland (a) 2-1 & Portsmouth (a) 1-0.   

We did trebles for fun in 2008. First we beat Wigan (a) 2-1, Spurs (h) 2-1,& Reading (h) 3-1 in December 2007/January 2008. We then beat Bolton (h) 4-0, Derby (a) 6-0 & Small Heath (h) 5-1 during April. We beat Spurs (a) 2-1, WBA (a) 2-1 & Sunderland (h) 2-1 in September. Finally we beat Everton (a) 3-2, Bolton (h) 4-2 & West Ham (a) 1-0 in December. Happy Days! :) 

• Like 1