Derby win not enpugh

Grasshopper

Havent posted for a while.

My Girlfriend's 1st time in England so she met the family and Villa park v Derby

She's now 1-0-0 a 100%er

She's seen us on TV (being shit) but it was great to "feel" VP. she loved it and she's booked England in May. Shame we wont make the play offs.

Anyway

The game

We are a really shit team with a lot of capable players organised into a system that limits us sooooo much.

One sees different things live to TV coverage. The atmo at the game is second to none, whereas TV gives you an all round better view if youre not in an ideal stadium position.

My conclusions live/tv remain the same. IMHO We will NOT get promoted playing like this. even IF we did, PL teams would only destroy us abd we'd be relegated straight back down.

I dont think Bruce is capable of change, so he has to go for me.

We will now get a repeat of his October impact, scrape a few results with bad performances climb the table a bit but not make any great strides simply because the football/setup bruce plays will just be 1-0's scrappy offerings that cannot and will not develop into a pattern of intent or play.

Bruce wont change cos he cant.

There were many alarming things I saw closer up on Sat.

SJ - is a joke of a keeper. the failed punch/Bent foul was embarassing. He kicked long to kodjia (not his game) then when Amavi came on kicked it to him being marked by a 6ft plus defender. One can see that the Defence shit themselves whenever the ball comes in only for Derby to be such a bad attacking force that they didnt test SJ.

Hutton - oh dear, we could have conceeded 3 times in the 1st 5mins through his bad play, once to Adomah, once leaving a winger free and being up the park caught out of position.

Chester/Baker - thank McG for these 2

Taylor - not really exposed as their winger was shit (not much help from Green)

Jedi - how sad that we rely on a 32yo to protect. not buying a DM has and will cost us.

Lansbury - did really well but Bruce setting us up so deep nullifies a lot of what he could bring to our attacking play.

Bacuna - shocking 94th minute but till then was my Motm (note - he should be RW of a front 3 or 4 in MF, his cross for Green was inch perfect - would give us more there)

Green - Would have been great for him to score - needs to learn a bit of game craft to be more involved - big future - impact sub is his best for the now (not last 10mins -> last 30 at least)

Adomah and Kodjia cant be as effective as they could be under SB's system.

Bruce has to go for a number of reasons imho

1) brought in to steady ship and kick on for promotion this season - hasnt worked - time to go

2) major decisions wrong that have had a negative effect on results/players/perfornances

SJ for Gollini

Gaby inclusion

Gestede sale wrong timing

Ayew sale (needed as makeway for Taylor?)

McC - not sure this was handled well

Lansbury played too deep

Hourihane not played effectively

Kodjia is not a taget man

Hogan has had NO service

Sitting back - note to Bruce - we have NO pace up front to counter

3) We are AVFC with good players in this league, we should not be out played/possesioned by the teams in this league (bar Toon Brighton Leeds Hudds Reading)

4) no risk no fun - this hoofball is NO fun at all

So now we are in our second cycle of collecting points through nicking it to mask the points "time to gel" "own players" "past promo's (with non-descript clubs - NOT AVFC).

Its all the wrong way of doing things leading in the wrong direction.

we should be safe after Rotherham not mathematically but statisticly.

We could get enough points without a manager, bunn in goal playing 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 (no HuttonAmavi)

Bruce Out for me.

Even if the players like him as a guy/manager I'm sure Lansbury, Hourihane, Grealish, Kodjia & Hogan are not happy at our way of playing, I dread to think if Chester would leave in ghe summer.

We can turn this shit/flop of a season into our advantage by using the last games of this season as our "pre-season" with a view to play offensive football with intent to beat teams and become a force in this league.

Continuing with Bruce is not the way because he wont and cant change.

We need a new approach - a new Manager/Coaching staff- a new GK - 1 DM and 1 ST.

I dread even more if Tony loses his patience and sells up

Keeping Bruce for "stabilty" but blowing our only chance with big finances would be criminal and keep us out of the PL for years.

Bruce Out

• Like 2

Â