Match Polls  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Huh?

You think the turn around is 'premature', beating 2 of the normal teams this division seems to produce week in week out....yet if we beat the worst team in the league (in the worst form of the lot), only then will you give him credit? 

Strange!

Its a fine line between an upturn in form and just producing a couple of wins. 3 or 4 wins in a row starts moving away from that into an actual run of form, that's all I am saying.

7 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Surely the keeper should've had a red card for that pen? Last man?

I believe its because he flocked the ball away from goal and from what ive seen im not convinced he would have been able to keep it in.

7 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Surely the keeper should've had a red card for that pen? Last man?

The laws were changed this season to get rid of the triple jeopardy punishment on Goalkeepers for bringing down a player when through on a goal.  A peno is deemed enough punishment.  Before it was a pen, red card, and suspension.

I think the law is on a trial for two seasons.

Still red cards for outfield players.  So even now Phil Dowd is still a bellend.

Edited by philgetaway
  • Like 3

Thanks for the responses.

Sounds like another typical performance from us, don't think we have played well for the full 90 minutes yet this season, often just good patches during the game.

Though I wouldnt say we are normally particularly physical, Johnson does change his plans to cater for the opposition so he may well have gone for physicality to try and stop Kodjia

Glad our fans were good as well, wanted to go to Villa Park but just didnt have the money, maybe next season (if we stay up). Our fans to travel reasonably well to grounds like yourselves, Brum and Wolves because they are some of our nearest games.

The reason for the minor booing is because the crowd was getting more and more frustrated with Johnstone faffing about before hoofing the ball towards their back line only for it to come straight back to him to faff then hoof and have it come back ad infinitum.

After half time we changed the pattern of play and started to build up from the back a bit more and suddenly looked much better than the first half. I wonder how much the crowd getting on the players' backs contributed to this change and how much it was instruction from Bruce.

FWIW I thought Johnstone looked a hit better this game and seems to slowly be gaining confidence and taking charge of situations.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KJT123 said:

He did get both assists. The first one was an average cross that Kodjia did brilliantly to turn into a goal scoring opportunity. The second one, Kodjia got to the byline, cut it back to Adomah who went to shoot, whiffed it completely, fell out to Hourihane who put it away. 

I've just seen the second one.  Genius from Adomah, as I'm sure everyone was expecting him to shoot :trollface: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

First 10 minutes you were by far the better side, but we gradually grew in to the game and second half was all one way. 

Echo above the credit to your support. It's a couple of hours journey and I was somewhat surprised to see the away end packed out. Pretty good noise too, put Derby to shame. 

Thinking about it, I bet it was because they had so many buy tickets for the original fixture on a Saturday at 3pm, so they're kind of obliged to attend when it's move dbecause they've already got a ticket.

Still deserve credit, they were a good support.

• Like 1

Second lowest attendance of the season at 28,119 beating only Barnsley at 26,435.  Both of which were Tuesday 19:45 kickoffs.  It would seem we don't like Tuesday evenings :) Although the only other Tuesday 19:45 (Huddersfield) is 3rd highest at 34,924.  None were televised.

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Second lowest attendance of the season at 28,119 beating only Barnsley at 26,435.  Both of which were Tuesday 19:45 kickoffs.  It would seem we don't like Tuesday evenings :) Although the only other Tuesday 19:45 (Huddersfield) is 3rd highest at 34,924.  None were televised.

Terrible weather, road closures, 1 win since boxing day- I think getting over 28,000 for a second division game is not bad. That is still 3,000 more than the noses biggest match of the season. I expect over 32,000 versus Wednesday to balance it up a bit. 

17 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Well I'm happy with the result as I bag a fiver off a Bristol fan at work! Doubly nice as he's a right whiny clearing in the woods. 

Haven't heard a peep from him yet! 

Not even "what a waste of money":)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Not even "what a waste of money":)

Definitely not.... finally plucked up the courage to pay me today (better late than never!)

He's seriously expecting League One football next year.

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 14:42, BOF said:

Two for one at some popular brand pizzarias too - that might explain the lower crowd a bit.

I think they might have missed our goal of the season - that header from Kodg... :wub: My arm is still aching now.

Edited by Raver50032
I know pizzaria is not a word...

17 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Definitely not.... finally plucked up the courage to pay me today (better late than never!)

He's seriously expecting League One football next year.

No ..........they are better than that.

• Like 1

Â