Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bristol City

limpid

Match Polls  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

When I saw we scored the first goal, I went on VT to check the reactions. And it was down at that point.

Then we scored the second. At that time I kinda hoped that VT was down. So it was.

I guess I know what the problem with Villa is now....

Moderators - can we test this theory at the next game please?

First half was utterly dreadful. 

Second half much better and very comfortable in the end. 

Jedinak MOTM. 

Hutton excellent too. 

Green was very good. Nearly scored an absolute worldy. Would have been some goal. He's got something. 

Gardner was diabolical, but he turned his ankle early on so benefit of the doubt given. 

Johnstone's kicking is abysmal. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Two disappointments of the night - Adomah and Johnstone. 

Adomah got both assists. I didn't see the game so I can't comment on general play but games turn on key big moments. Surely he was a big reason as to why we won at the end of the day. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Adomah got both assists. I didn't see the game so I can't comment on general play but games turn on key big moments. Surely he was a big reason as to why we won at the end of the day. 

He did get both assists. The first one was an average cross that Kodjia did brilliantly to turn into a goal scoring opportunity. The second one, Kodjia got to the byline, cut it back to Adomah who went to shoot, whiffed it completely, fell out to Hourihane who put it away. 

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

wait till you see the 2nd 'assist'!

Hes in poor form atm, highlighted by his lack of pace to stretch the game.  Not sure he is the answer long term.

• Like 4

Play football properly, allow midfielders to use their skills and imagination, and Ooh ! Win. Entertain. Good !!

Im convinced the team plays how he tells it to, so for the same reason I would criticise the set up on other occasions ( and first half) I will give him credit for us playing differently second half.

The real test  though is will we do that again, and then again, etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Wasn't at the game but from what I've heard the fans need to stop jumping on the players backs at 0-0 

Helps No One! 

Agree - booed off at half time. Can't ever agree with that.

Im not sure it was really at the players though, everybody's comments were about the cautious approach.

31 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Moderators - can we test this theory at the next game please?

I don't think we can arrange for Amazon's AWS (Eastern US) to be offline just for the match.

• Like 3

Brilliant OBE especially the match report that should be framed, absolutely spot on.

The only bit I'd differ on is Lansbury I thought he was outstanding. Other than that I agree with every word and rating,

It was sort of surreal that sudden change in the second half... suddenly it was fun to be at a football match !

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

First half was utterly dreadful. 

Second half much better and very comfortable in the end. 

Jedinak MOTM. 

Hutton excellent too. 

Green was very good. Nearly scored an absolute worldy. Would have been some goal. He's got something. 

Gardner was diabolical, but he turned his ankle early on so benefit of the doubt given. 

Johnstone's kicking is abysmal. 

Agree with all of that. Good summary. 

I was disappointed Jack didn't come on for Adomah though. 

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It would appear there's been something wrong with the universe. In more ways than one.:snip:

No matter - three points - thank you very much - we're not good, but we're winning and we're getting better while we're winning and that's a good sign - football might break out yet.

Excellent summary, and muchly appreciated. However, reading your post made me feel like I was reading a match report by D

17 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Wasn't at the game but from what I've heard the fans need to stop jumping on the players backs at 0-0 

Helps No One! 

I agree. And I don't boo at games.

But even I felt like booing in the first half. It was **** terrible. 

We never looked like conceding. But that was why it was annoying. They were there for the taking. But the ball just kept going back to Johnstone or baker, who would hoof it in the general direction of Kodjia, who wouldn't win it. Then Bristol would hoof it back to our defence and we'd do it again. For 45 minutes. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ender4 said:

second game he's been excellent?

Nope. First. 

I don't think he was excellent vs derby. He was better tonight than that game. Looks more confident than I've ever seen him. 

• Like 1

The player on paper I was least impressed with in our window was Taylor.

in the last 2 games while unspectacular, I thought he has been competent, busy, full of nous and awareness.....and generally acquitted himself well.....he has gelled pretty quick, so far.

I like this guy on what I have seen and confident to say an improvement on the current form of Amavi

That was pleasant- apart from the M5 being closed and monsoon rain conditions.  We looked like a football team in the second half, which is nice. Green had a great game, hope the injury is not too bad.  Kodjia was a lesson in keep trying, and excellent to see out another clean sheet, albeit versus a poor side. I would love it if Hutton connected one of those shots one day  for the winner versus the Blues for the lols.

I hope this ends the relegation concern now. Bring on the Millers. 

• Like 1

Â