Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Bristol City

limpid

Match Polls  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Hopefully Bruce will get the message and start playing attacking football instead of McLeish tactics, we've only spent millions on offensive players after all?

3 more points, but hopefully the added confidence and the start of some momentum and feel good factor will be even more valuable.

• Like 3

So once we stopped the constant long ball after the first half, we started to play some decent football and score twice? Not rocket science Bruce!

Very pleased with the result though, this is surely our best chance we'll ever get to win 3 games on the bounce now. 

• Like 1

Just got back - pretty turgid first half but much better second half. Again we could and should have scored more. I don't like Bruce going all defensive for the last 15 minutes as it invites pressure. Hourihane MotM for me, finally a creative CM.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Which one of you miserable bastards called in after saying we should only be celebrating when we beat Man U and Chelsea? FESS UP haha. Sounds like Green was Brilliant, Hutton also good again. Happy for a win and improved performance.

Wonder if VT was down as all the mods sent power into CERN to modify time and space into a dimension where we win by 2 goals!

Sidenote: The site being down really highlighted what an unhealthy obsessive relationship I have with VT.

Refreshed for two hours straight!

Same regards the side note.

• Like 1

Poor first half. Really good second half. Hutton, Chester, Baker, Taylor - very solid defensively, weren't troubled at all. Jedinak and Lansbury had really good games, always pressurising the opposition and gave us a real grit in the middle of the park. Hourihane was putting some lovely balls down the left hand side with that wand of a left foot of his and great to see him get his first goal. Green was outstanding along with Kodjia, both worked really hard all night as well as show a lot of quality. 

Two disappointments of the night - Adomah and Johnstone. The latter is just not a very good keeper. You can see the defence have no confidence in him and whenever he goes up to catch a ball it's inevitable that he'll fumble it. Did make a very good save in the second half though from a header. Adomah - I just don't rate him. The only positive I can say is he works hard. Extremely one dimensional, gets the ball, runs down the right hand side, cuts back inside and passes it to Hutton. Rinse and repeat. Thankfully Hourihane was also in the box for the second goal or his complete whiff of easy attempt could've cost us. I want to see either Grealish or Bree replace him on Saturday.

• Like 2

Â