Pre-match thread

JamesBCFC

Just noticed there that Gardner and Jedinak have played together 12 times this season (9 Gardner starts v 12 Jedi) and we have 24pts from those games.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Just noticed there that Gardner and Jedinak have played together 12 times this season (9 Gardner starts v 12 Jedi) and we have 24pts from those games.

Jedinak and Gardner holding with lansbury working the ball around to green and adomah on the flanks.  Certainly worth considering. 

I am starting to wonder if hourihane and Lansbury are too similar..

3 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

Jedinak and Gardner holding with lansbury working the ball around to green and adomah on the flanks.  Certainly worth considering. 

...or maybe we can give it longer than 3 or 4 games?

For me Hourihane is worth sticking with.

Players who come with this much praise normally do so because they are quality.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

It's my guess for the starting line-up tbh.  Bruce will keep his winning team and he'll replace the banned Bacuna with the most similar option.  For me that's Gardner, and I think it suits Jedinak and the stats above bear that out.  Although the temptation to bring Hourihane in might well be too much.  V shall C.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

It's my guess for the starting line-up tbh.  Bruce will keep his winning team and he'll replace the banned Bacuna with the most similar option.  For me that's Gardner, and I think it suits Jedinak and the stats above bear that out.  Although the temptation to bring Hourihane in might well be too much.  V shall C.

I dont really see Gardner replacing what Bacuna gave us (Cue linesman assault jokes), that energy in midfield would be better replaced by Hourihane for me.

I dont really know what Gardner offers, which is a sad indictment two thirds through the season.

Just about to set off and I think it'll be same stsrting line up with Hourihane given the Bacuna free role from Sat, I think he will like it too as up to now he seems to be a little bit too occupied stopping in midfield which isn't what he as doing for Barnsley and hence what we bought him for

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fowlersrs said:

2 holding players at home against a relegation rival?

1 hour ago, Fowlersrs said:

1 right footed - 1 left footed

played correctly they should both "gel" together being good players.

Bruce?

• Like 1

If Hourihane plays, we NEED to play him further forward. He's at his best when driving towards the defence and getting shots off from distance. He scored some absolute stunners for Barnsley, and he hasn't even had a sight at goal for us.

• Like 1

I want to see a similar formation to last game. 

I want to see us passing the ball better. I want to see signs of players understanding and linking better. 

I want a win. 

3 points against derby was a good result but I saw nothing but a poor passing side holding on for dear life. If we don't become more than that sort of team then Bruce should be shipped out soon. 

• Like 1

Johnstone (reluctantly - its too late to switch keepers again)

Hutton - Chester - Baker - Taylor

Jedinak

Adomah - Lansbury - Green

Hourihane

Kodija

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

I want to see Bruces own players gel-ing in his prefered system dominating possesion, on the front foot scoring 2 in each half and a clean sheet blooding the youth for the future.

4-0

giphy.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

I dont really see Gardner replacing what Bacuna gave us (Cue linesman assault jokes), that energy in midfield would be better replaced by Hourihane for me.

I dont really know what Gardner offers, which is a sad indictment two thirds through the season.

If you want to replicate Bacuna's energy, then we need to go for Bjarnason assuming hourihane is still injured. Bjarnason is definitely a grafter, which is what you need in a 3 man midfield.