Weekends Football 24/26 February

andykeenan

Dont know how I feel about the result really...
I grew up in Southampton and have plenty of Saints pals so kind of see them as my second team...

However, in saying that, Saints fans were cheering on Arsenal in the FA cup final a couple of seasons ago, so I feel that its kind of deserved that they lose this one..

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Now means that United are level with us on League cup wins. Bastards. 

Just think- before 1993 we were level with United in League wins, had more FA cup wins, and they had 0 League cups at that time.

Thanks for depressing me! :P

24 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I would've preferred Southampton to win it as they would value it more in my opinion. For United fans it's just another day really.

I've seen this first-hand, after the redscum beat us in 2010. I wanted to get out fast to avoid seeing the sickly redfilth lift the trophy, and there were more of their "fans" outside than ours. The league cup means nothing to their arsehole followers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He is. I'd put him in that Robbie Fowler category, could well be better if he doesn't have the injury problems Fowler had. But what I mean is he'll distinguish himself as a great Premier League player (for what that's worth) but will fall short at International Level (and I'd wager European Level, i.e. Champion League). 

I'd agree with this. To be at the next level you either have to help your team win multiple titles with your goals (a la Rooney) or be a dependable, consistent international goalscorer (a la Shearer). 

5 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Saints fans were cheering on Arsenal in the FA cup final a couple of seasons ago, so I feel that its kind of deserved that they lose this one..

Why were they doing that?

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He is. I'd put him in that Robbie Fowler category, could well be better if he doesn't have the injury problems Fowler had. But what I mean is he'll distinguish himself as a great Premier League player (for what that's worth) but will fall short at International Level (and I'd wager European Level, i.e. Champion League). 

I was going to say Andy Cole but its true. he bangs in goals regularly in the league but in European and International  competition he doesnt offer the same impact

though I dont blame him for his shit corners at the Euros

Â