Chris Samba

midian

19 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Jesus it's one match in godawful conditions. This was his first professional match at center back in a year.

I agree, he wasn't awful in that match he just had a few bad spells during the game. The weather made the ball really quick and I think he struggled with that BUT I am still pleased we have him at the club and I think he will be a really useful player for us this season.

20 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I hate this. We turn on our players so fast and then they play with a target on their backs all season. How can you as a footballer feel confident when you know one mediocre match and suddenly the fans hate you? 

This is how I feel a lot recently on this site. I understand that as fans we are all entitled to our opinion(s), but how can you really call yourself a "support"er if you are so eager to disproportionately criticise the players...as you said it does nothing to help/support them play better.

Confidence and support breeds results.

6 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

This is how I feel a lot recently on this site. I understand that as fans we are all entitled to our opinion(s), but how can you really call yourself a "support"er if you are so eager to disproportionately criticise the players...as you said it does nothing to help/support them play better.

This site would be boring as hell if everyone just said positive lies because it's meant to be good. 

He was crap in that game, especially the first half. Nothing wrong with sharing that opinion on a fan forum. 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This site would be boring as hell if everyone just said positive lies because it's meant to be good. 

He was crap in that game, especially the first half. Nothing wrong with sharing that opinion on a fan forum. 

I agree with you on both points, but I'm more attacking the negative-criticise mentality that rears its head often. I'd point to our own fans booing in pre-season as a testament. 

Surely you understand what i'm on about?

2 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

I agree with you on both points, but I'm more attacking the negative-criticise mentality that rears its head often. I'd point to our own fans booing in pre-season as a testament. 

Surely you understand what i'm on about?

Yeah I think we need to be positive at home and away (although I fully understand why some do at times)

I just think sharing honest opinions on sites like this are fine. It's what they're about. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

Add the Manager to that too.

It does make a mockery of the term 'supporter' doesn't it.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Yeah I think we need to be positive at home and away (although I fully understand why some do at times)

I just think sharing honest opinions on sites like this are fine. It's what they're about. 

Yes mate, I totally agree...it was more aimed at the over-dramatic and relentless criticism.

There's a difference between sharing an opinion and a hysterical witch-hunt.

47 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just hate seeing people jump to crazy conclusions are one match. It's fair to criticize Samba for how he performed. He was not great, and gave up a silly pen, but I am not going to be saying that one match in terrible conditions now is all I need to know that he is crap and was a terrible signing by us. That is my issue. I don't want our players thinking that the fans will turn on them the second they make one mistake. 

35 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I just hate seeing people jump to crazy conclusions are one match. It's fair to criticize Samba for how he performed. He was not great, and gave up a silly pen, but I am not going to be saying that one match in terrible conditions now is all I need to know that he is crap and was a terrible signing by us. That is my issue. I don't want our players thinking that the fans will turn on them the second they make one mistake. 

Didnt you make same criticism in Bjarnason thread from the same game?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Didnt you make same criticism in Bjarnason thread from the same game?

Birkir has played 10 matches for us now. 

Samba has only played 1. 

If you read, my point is 

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I just hate seeing people jump to crazy conclusions are one match

As you can see, Samba = 1. Birkir >1. I think it's okay to start forming an opinion on Birkir. 

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Birkir has played 10 matches for us now. 

Samba has only played 1. 

If you read, my point is 

As you can see, Samba = 1. Birkir >1. I think it's okay to start forming an opinion on Birkir. 

We have seen Samba play abot 100 times so dont see difference. Gabby made him look shit in a semi final over 7 years ago

Just shows how decieving Pre-season can be.

Said player looks good in preseason.

1st full game, conceeds penalty and looks awful in 1st half.

A good performance in 2nd half suggests

1 - slower paced/settled game suits him better

2 - has mental strength to overcome mistakes

but the defining question is

Is Samba's role (super-sub - backup CB - CB) one that could be of a top2 team?

• 2 weeks later...
Â