Chris Samba

midian

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Absolutely one of the best games I have witnessed. The atmosphere was sensational. One of the best days of MONS era 

I was standing the whole game in the North Stand lower, incredible night. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Solid enough for this level, will be interesting to see him play, suggested that he has no pace anymore so will be good to see that theory tested.

I think that's probably a lazy suggestion.

I can't say either way, as I've not seen him play a single minute. But I imagine those making that suggestion haven't either!

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That game was amazing.

Brilliant game. I actually think his early sending off had a great deal to do with us getting through that tie. If memory serves me correct, we were already trailing Blackburn at the point of his sending off and it seemed as though we hadn't woken up and Blackburn were really up for it. When they had ten men it become more of a formality for us to win. Was a crazy game. Samba was a huge loss for them. 

Pleased with having some dominance and presence with our CBs. We've been a soft touch for too long and need to harden up. We've got a decent set of CBs for the Championship. With Baker being made out of butter and Terry not likely to play every game I expect to see Samba get more game time in a rotation system for our defence. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

Has conducted himself really well - been playing in the youth side unpaid and kept at it. I would go as far as to say he has been in the top 2/3 so far in preseason so an absolute no brainer. With Baker having a few injuries, JT getting on etc, this is perfect for us

Well done Chris

1 hour ago, roonst83 said:

Brilliant game. I actually think his early sending off had a great deal to do with us getting through that tie. If memory serves me correct, we were already trailing Blackburn at the point of his sending off and it seemed as though we hadn't woken up and Blackburn were really up for it. When they had ten men it become more of a formality for us to win. Was a crazy game. Samba was a huge loss for them. 

Pleased with having some dominance and presence with our CBs. We've been a soft touch for too long and need to harden up. We've got a decent set of CBs for the Championship. With Baker being made out of butter and Terry not likely to play every game I expect to see Samba get more game time in a rotation system for our defence. 

We were 2-0 down then we pulled one back to make it 2-1, then samba gave away the penalty against gabby. he really struggled with gabbys pace back then so thats something we need to be aware of 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We're gonna be a threat from corners if Samba and Terry are in the side together (though I'm not sure they will be too often)

True.

If Samba had refrained from forcefully hugging and groping his defender while totally ignoring the ball Terry would have already had his first goal against Walsall.

Would have cost us 12 million 3-4 years ago... but we would likely have got the best from him. Hopefully he can stay fit for the season and be worth the wage. 

I think he will do well. He's physically huge which is half the battle, and positionally also seems good. If we'd had:

Hutton Samba Vlaar Bertrand

back in 2014 then that would've been a decent defence.

Edited by alreadyexists

Â