Chris Samba

midian

He must be signing as otherwise we have just gotten him fit for another club to reap the benefits.

He certainly looks good enough to offer cover for Terry/Chester/Baker.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Impressed with him last night including his ability to actually pass to a team mate when under pressure. Will also prove dangerous at set pieces. Adequate cover so yes I'd give him a 1 year contract as long as his wage demands are realistic. Much better alternative than Richards or Elphick.

Faint praise, I know, but I agree.

12 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Another comment where people want to put our promotion push in the hands of a kid who MIGHT be good enough. Rubbish.

If he's good enough he'll get game time. Samba won't stop that.

He won't become good enough by magic. He needs to be given game time to grow in order to gain experience. Samba is a merc, who we quiet simply should not be relying upon. 

If you think Samba will be some sort key to our promotion, errrr ok, but I think we've much bigger problems than central defence, and in our resource constrained state, focus should be elsewhere. 

Edited by villakram

20 minutes ago, villakram said:

He won't become good enough by magic. He needs to be given game time to grow in order to gain experience. Samba is a merc, who we quiet simply should not be relying upon. 

If you think Samba will be some sort key to our promotion, errrr ok, but I think we've much bigger problems than central defence, and in our resource constrained state, focus should be elsewhere. 

Suliman is 19 and needs game time so he needs a loan. Being sat on our bench all year won't help him. Samba on the other hand will be competition for Terry and Chester. You say we are resource constrained so signing a free agent is ideal surely. 

1 hour ago, villakram said:

He couldn't get a game for a league 2 team last year and you want him to be thrown to the wolves at Villa Park alongside our gutless 'senior pros' in a do or die season.

God, doesn't bare thinking about.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nigel said:

I'd say we are just waiting for elphick to get his move before sealing it.

Not sure why though. Samba is a free agent. There is no transfer fee. His signing wouldn't affect FFP right? 

52 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Not sure why though. Samba is a free agent. There is no transfer fee. His signing wouldn't affect FFP right? 

It'll be freeing up the wages as opposed to the transfer fee. We already have a bloated wage bill, so Samba in for free on a cheaper wage to Elphick, whilst getting a fee for Elphick is good business. 

I think he would be a reasonable enough option as cover. He has looked good but against some crap teams.

Our players should stand out against conference north/league 1 opposition, I am far more concerned about the others on the pitch that didn't look good than him.

Lets face it, Baker is going to get injured (A lot) Terry probably hasn't got the legs to play all 46 games so if we get 10-15 starts out of him and a dozen sub appearances he would seem good value if we are going to pay him 10-20,000 per week.

If giving him upto a million quid helps get us up it would be far from the worst million we have spent

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

There are rules on wages under FFP.

Besides FFP isn't limited to what you spend on transfers, it's about how much you are able to lose in a rolling 3 years period therefore wages are a factor.

• Like 2

Got to say he has looked fantastic in pre season so far...in fact i only actually remember him misplacing one pass in the time ive watched him. I would find some money from somewhere and get him signed up. I dont think he will cost much and we dont appear to have much competition for his signature.

I have a sneaky feeling that if we sign this guy he will become a cult hero. I actually think he can play, isnt as slow as people perceive and his attitude looks amazing so far. He is also absolutely terrifying, which is nice

• Like 1

Â