Chris Samba

midian

Interesting that he played against Wolves but not the following game against Brighton last week, I'm thinking he's slowly being pushed away..

9 hours ago, Junxs said:

Interesting that he played against Wolves but not the following game against Brighton last week, I'm thinking he's slowly being pushed away..

Yeah I would think twice about telling him no too.

• Like 1

In his pomp Chris was a very commanding CB.

This kind of player is very effective in this league, just as Badley and Jansen at Leeds have displayed.

I have no idea on his current capability, but if it was anything like the past he would be a cert.

Anyone who's seen him play in the last 4 or so seasons would rightly be praying this was a no go.

Granted my view on this is based on about 3 Europa League games, but as I said earlier, he makes Lescott look like Usain Bolt and he has the reaction time of a concussed sloth.

Constantly on his heels and using his arms way too much at set pieces.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sne said:

Anyone who's seen him play in the last 4 or so seasons would rightly be praying this was a no go.

Granted my view on this is based on about 3 Europa League games, but as I said earlier, he makes Lescott look like Usain Bolt and he has the reaction time of a concussed sloth.

Constantly on his heels and using his arms way too much at set pieces.

Seems like its academic then and perhaps a favour from Bruce to train somewhere.

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Seems like its academic then and perhaps a favour from Bruce to train somewhere.

Yeah, That's probably it.

No harm in giving him a go, but I'd been really worried had we actually signed him.

Edit: I'll add that with Samba in on trial and Bruce willing to try Jedi at CB rather than playing Elphick the betting man would expect us to go hunting for a more commanding, bigger and stronger in the air, experienced type CB in the summer to play alongside Chester and to compete with Baker.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, That's probably it.

No harm in giving him a go, but I'd been really worried had we actually signed him.

Edit: I'll add that with Samba in on trial and Bruce willing to try Jedi at CB rather than playing Elphick the betting man would expect us to go hunting for a more commanding, bigger and stronger in the air, experienced type CB in the summer to play alongside Chester and to compete with Baker.

I would welcome that......Laursen  type.

I think a lot of Leeds success this season has come from their back four......it gives the whole team confidence to go forward and Chris Woods has certainly capitalised.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think a lot of Leeds success this season has come from their back four......it gives the whole team confidence to go forward and Chris Woods has certainly capitalised.

Just have to go to Istanbul and make Simon Kjaer an offer he can't refuse :D

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Just have to go to Istanbul and make Simon Kjaer an offer he can't refuse :D

I have confidence now in the Villa Staff.....They will sort it.

never heard of him, but I take it he is good.

ps just checked him ....good height, good age.....not sure about the price.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, TRO said:

Really like that Pontus jansson at Leeds. Think he's looked an excellent championship centre half. Don't know wether Leeds signed him permanently but he would certainly fit the mould of centre half mentioned above.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Really like that Pontus jansson at Leeds. Think he's looked an excellent championship centre half. Don't know wether Leeds signed him permanently but he would certainly fit the mould of centre half mentioned above.

Signed permanently in January, supposedly wanted by Southampton now.

He is exactly the type we need thou.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Signed permanently in January, supposedly wanted by Southampton now.

He is exactly the type we need thou.

Shame that. Let's go and find our own version then. I'm sure our scouting team are doing just though.

I think he was brought in to keep the forwards honest in training. Training wont consist of full games so Samba will be at full energy for a 30 or 45 minute match up and if our forwards learn to deal with his physicality in training they will be better prepared for some of the more agricultural centre backs in the league.

He's like a sparring partner. In the same way that I have a theory that a large part of Gary Gardners appeal to Bruce and why he earned a new contract is the effort he apparently puts into training. Again keeping those around him honest and working hard. Those greyhounds wouldnt work half as hard if they didnt have the hare to chase.

On a slightly separate note, have you guys ever heard of the term "Greyhound Skirt". Its a skirt which is so short it is "inches from the hare". Heard someone use it the other night and thought it was hilarious

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Â