Chris Samba

midian

John Percy saying Chris Samba training with us as he is a free agent have we really got that desperate?

Former Blackburn and QPR defender Chris Samba, now a free agent, is training with #avfc

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Only 32 but injuries lost him his contract at Panathinaikos according to wikipedia. Could probably do a job still if we are defending deep and playing for draws and he is a mercenary so he should fit in well.

That is the problem with our defending at the moment, we are defending too deep

He's so slow!

Never been quick, but over the last few years it's gotten ridiculous.

Not that I've seen him a lot, only the odd Europa Cup game and a few times at QPR, but he's gotten notably slower each time.

Just for fun I checked his stats at FIFA 17 and he has 30 acceleration & sprint speed compared to Lescott's 37/40.

And just like Lescott he recently got released from a Greek club for not being able to perform.

Just no Bruce.

• Like 1

This is why I was so in for getting a new CB in January. We lack a physical presence. This guy is past his best but we need someone till the end of the season. He knows the league..Think hed do ok with Chester. Richards must be crocked to not be picked. Sherwood strikes again

Edited by KSV

He was top quality once but that has been a few years ago now. If we are having a look at him then he has an opportunity to impress us and we can then choose to sign or not to sign him for the rest of the season depending on that. I don't have a problem with us having a look at him in training.   

Edited by John
  • Like 1

Â