Chris Samba

midian

23 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Didnt really notice him, which showed how good a game he had!

Same here. I was extremely concerned at the start but I don't think I heard him mentioned so must have just dealt with everything with no fuss. 

Good stuff 

I was a little bit worried that he wouldn't cope the whole match, be rusty or not on par with Chester - he proved me wrong on every point, a very accomplished performance. Seems to link up well with Chester, he goes for the header, Chester mops it up. I noticed he played on the left side of Chester, when he came on for Terry, Chester switched and Samba played right didn't he. It's a bit odd that a leftie Chester playes to the right and a right footed Samba plays to the left. But it worked well, I guess it's good for the stability of the whole team if the back 4 changes as little as possible.

He may seem to be clumsy at times, but at times he showes really good skills and looks a good passer as well. He is fast becoming one of my favourite players! 

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Suprised there hasn't been praise for the big man after today. He won everything! At the end when that dangerous looking free kick was swung in I thought here we go, equaliser coming up. But no, Sambas big head was ther yet again! 

This guy is fast becoming my hero! 

Won lots in the air however , distribution was woeful.

He is hilarious.

I mean, he's fine. He wins everything in the air, he's a good tackler, he's generally solid.

But with the ball at his feet he is like a newborn deer on ice.

Today he tried some sort of throughball that was nowhere near coming off and the whole Holte End just laughed.

Not in a nasty way. Just in a "that was really shit but we all love you" sort of way

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd like to have Sambas performances described to me, rather than watching them.

It'd be soothing having someone say:

Samba has tackled the forward.

Samba has cleared the ball beyond half way.

Samba has passed to Chester.

Because in actual fact, what he does is quite okay.

It's the watching him, it's watching those arms and legs, sometimes in slow motion, sometimes in different directions, he's awkward and strange, it's watching that weird tackling he does where the ball sort of bobbles about between him and the forward and you're convinced the player is going past him then doesn't, everything is terrifying to watch - but actually he's defending pretty well. 

Indeed, everytime be plays a backpass I think "Oh no" but there has been no incident of this kind for me to worry about this. I think it is just me judging a book by it's cover.

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd like to have Sambas performances described to me, rather than watching them.

It'd be soothing having someone say:

Samba has tackled the forward.

Samba has cleared the ball beyond half way.

Samba has passed to Chester.

Because in actual fact, what he does is quite okay.

It's the watching him, it's watching those arms and legs, sometimes in slow motion, sometimes in different directions, he's awkward and strange, it's watching that weird tackling he does where the ball sort of bobbles about between him and the forward and you're convinced the player is going past him then doesn't, everything is terrifying to watch - but actually he's defending pretty well. 

He does have a certain baby giraffe quality to him, obviously as you say in slow motion

Bildresultat för baby giraffe gif

Â