Control

Xann

25 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Zuckerberg about to be grilled by Congress over Cambridge Analytica, etc. 

His eyes appear to be going along the line of politicians in front of him. Possibly adding up all of the donations Facebook made to them. :)

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

His eyes appear to be going along the line of politicians in front of him. Possibly adding up all of the donations Facebook made to them. :)

Probably got dirt on all of them through their FB profiles!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Probably got dirt on all of them through their FB profiles!

Related to this, given that Zuckerberg will almost certainly be throwing his hat into the political ring sooner or later (he has allegedly already employed the services of some political advisors from the Obama era iirc), there is a genuine concern at just how much influence and access he would have to people given his current activities.

• Like 2

"Mr. Zuckerberg, do you love your wife?"

"Senator, I think that's a very important question. In general, I think we have a broader responsibility to love our wives so, in principle, I agree."

"Do you love her? It's really a yes or no."

"I don't know the answer right now but I can have my team follow up with you on that."

ZUCKERBERG:  I'm ready to answer any questions u might have about Facebook.

84-YEAR-OLD SENATOR:  Excellent. Mr Zuckerberg, my Farmville farm needs more pigs but i cannot figure out where to purchase them.

Senator: “Mr. Zuckerberg, I have just one question about Facebook. Where do I find my Hotmail?"

Senator: "Mr. Zuckerberg, can you change Snapchat back? My granddaughter won't stop complaining about it. Also, what is a Snapchat?"

Senator: “Mr. Zuckerberg, a magazine i recently opened came with a floppy disk offering me 30 free hours of something called America On-Line. Is that your Facebook?”

36 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Senator: “Mr. Zuckerberg..."

Did see a female Republican Senator that was sharp in a Warrenesque sort of way making him uncomfortable yesterday.

If Cambridge Analytica harvested 87 million peoples data by getting 270,000 people to fill in a pop quiz, I can't help but wonder if the owners of Candy Crush have harvested data from the 93 million people who play it, and all of their friends, after they clicked "yes" to the same standard "allow access to my data?" question that Cambridge Analytica asked on facebook - is Candy Crush currently the worlds number one surveillance organisation?

Ah bugger, I wish I hadn't started looking into that - it's owned by Activision. 

Activision's biggest shareholder are an investment fund called Fidelity Investments.

Fidelity Investments is a fund of around the same value as twice Spain's GDP - that's getting on for $2,500,000,000,000

It's controlled by a lady called Abigail Johnson, who is also in charge of the largest single shareholding in Google.

If anyone wants me I'll be under the bed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â