NBA 2016-17

abdomlahor

I've found the playoffs very entertaining so far, but at the end of the day, the Warriors & Cavs both swept their opponents. Looking all set for them to battle in the Finals for the 3rd year running.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 00:11, Hornso said:

I've found the playoffs very entertaining so far, but at the end of the day, the Warriors & Cavs both swept their opponents. Looking all set for them to battle in the Finals for the 3rd year running.

It's been okay but the dominance of Cleveland in the East and the Warriors in the West just kind of ruins it. If Kwahi + Parker had not got injured then the spurs might have given the warriors a game but both conference finals look like easy 4-0's now.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2017 at 17:55, villa89 said:

It's been okay but the dominance of Cleveland in the East and the Warriors in the West just kind of ruins it. If Kwahi + Parker had not got injured then the spurs might have given the warriors a game but both conference finals look like easy 4-0's now.

Yeah, that comment I made was after the 1st round. There has been little excitement since. Even the finals is going to have about a week's delay because both series will end so quickly.

On 5/26/2017 at 23:18, villa89 said:

The final should be good but I think the Warriors will have too much for Cleveland. 4-2 Warriors.

I agree, wouldn't be surprised if it only goes 5 though.

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 09:49, villa89 said:

If Klay Thompson gets his shooting back this could be 4-0.

He scored 22 points on 8-for-12 shooting in game 2. Cleveland have to win the next game otherwise it's 4-0.

Well that's the finals over anyway. Cleveland with 77 combined points on 55 percent shooting from LeBron James and Kyrie Irving and still managed to lose. It's been a terrible playoffs this year.

This Warriors team is just too good. The Cavs are playing lights out and still can't sneak a win. Durant has made them unstoppable. They have a chance on Friday to be the first team to ever go 16-0 in the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

They have a chance on Friday to be the first team to ever go 16-0 in the playoffs.

I hope they do it.

Might be time for the NBA to adjust the salary cap rules or something to try to stop teams stockpiling talent. For the likes of Durant, harden or lebron their wages aren't really that big a deal compared to the endorsements from reebok or Nike. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I hope they do it.

Might be time for the NBA to adjust the salary cap rules or something to try to stop teams stockpiling talent. For the likes of Durant, harden or lebron their wages aren't really that big a deal compared to the endorsements from reebok or Nike. 

Yup. The funny thing is, as ridiculous as the current state of affairs is, it's nowhere near the disparity in modern European football.

Draft next week. Kings pick 5 and 10. Would've been 3 and 10 if not for the Philly trade. 

From what I can tell you can't really go wrong with any of the prospects predicted to go top 5. Fulz and Ball will probably be 1 and 2 with De'Aaron Fox, Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum following them. As long as we don't trade up and keep the 10th pick I''m fine with any of those guys. 

Watch Vlade pick a centre from europe :P

Edited by abdomlahor

Â