NBA 2016-17

abdomlahor

Kings are the Aston Villa of the NBA. 

Edit : That said, there are legit reasons why they got so little for him. They had to commit 5yr/$209mil to him in the summer - tough thing to bind your franchise to such a malcontent and loser like him. And if they had waited until the summer to trade him, but without giving him the extension, then they would have got lowballed even worse. It was just a complete mismanagement of an asset. 

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

16 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

What got me was Vlade saying there was a better offer on the table two days ago. Why would he even say that? I love him and I appreciate everything Vivek has done for the team and the city but they've both got to go.

Because there very likely was a better offer than that. About 20 NBA teams could beat that offer if they wanted. Supposedly they took the NO one because Vivek was a big fan of Buddy Hield and thought he had Steph Curry potential :D It was basically Vlade saving face by telling journos about the better offer and pointing at Vivek.

Both have to go, I agree, they're totally incompetent. Vlade didn't even know basics from the CBA when he was hired and he probably still doesn't know it in details now. His deals have been abysmal for the franchise.  

11 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Because there very likely was a better offer than that. About 20 NBA teams could beat that offer if they wanted. Supposedly they took the NO one because Vivek was a big fan of Buddy Hield and thought he had Steph Curry potential :D It was basically Vlade saving face by telling journos about the better offer and pointing at Vivek.

Both have to go, I agree, they're totally incompetent. Vlade didn't even know basics from the CBA when he was hired and he probably still doesn't know it in details now. His deals have been abysmal for the franchise.  

I heard about the Curry thing. I wanted Hield in the draft but he obviously didn't fall. From everything I've heard he's struggled to adapt to the NBA so we'll see how that goes. 

Gotta think we're in tank mode now though. Hope the Sixers suck enough that they won't want to swap their pick with ours and maybe even trade up to pick a PG like Ball or Fultz.

Edited by abdomlahor

19 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

I heard about the Curry thing. I wanted Hield in the draft but he obviously didn't fall. From everything I've heard he's struggled to adapt to the NBA so we'll see how that goes. 

Gotta think we're in tank mode now though. Hope the Sixers suck enough that they won't want to swap their pick with ours and maybe even trade up to pick a PG like Ball or Fultz.

Wait, you're a Villa fan AND a Kings fan? Damn! Rough life!

I like the Kings and hope you have luck, but the last few years they've made terrible trades and acquisitions and they can't even bottom out and go full tank mode because of that Philly trade as they don't control their own picks in 2017 and 2019. Have to hope for incredible luck with the ping pong balls ( both Sacramento and Philly to go in top 3 ) and in free agency in the summer. 

Incredible new arena though! 

Put a little money at the start of the season. Houston over 43.5 wins (1 more needed) and Golden State under 67.5 wins (4 more defeats). Had almost given up on the GSW bet, but losing 2 in a row since Durant has been injured gives me a shot.

• 4 weeks later...

Devin Booker dropped a 70 last night against the Celtics. Apparently the Suns were fouling a lot to allow him more chances to score in the fourth quarter when they were already beaten, but still, amazing for a 20 year old.

• Like 1

My Pistons imploding, end of the regular season can't come soon enough.

Incredible game by Booker, thought it must have been a mistake when I first saw it. Only 4 three pointers too.

kings win :D 22-3 run in the 4th to beat the clippers.

this team has so much potential. there's a solid young nucleus of skal labissiere, buddy hield, willy cauley-stein and malachi richardson, and even george papagiannis has been decent of late. bogan bogdanovic is coming over from fenerbahce in the summer too in addition to two potential top 10 picks in the upcoming lottery.

they for sure could have handled the cousins deal much better but it looks as if vlade and vivek, by hook or by crook, have pulled something off here.

• 3 weeks later...

Incredible bravery from Isaiah Thomas to play last night.

As a Celtics fan, the fact we lost game 1 last night is irrelevant in the context of things.

He's one of the most likeable stars in the NBA and my heart went out to him last night.

• Like 1

Â