Adblockers - please click ×
Sign in to follow this  
hogso

Horizon Zero Dawn

You left the first zone yet? I found it picks up when you get really challenged by some of the dinos, the t-Rex, the stealthy ones, the bulls etc there was a bit in the middle where the game was genuinely challenging, not just luring them in to bushes and not having some of the super gear near the end

hard thing to achieve in games recently, I find them repeatitive or frustrating rather than challenging, the only frustrating enemy in this was the smaller Dino birds

Edited by villa4europe

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You left the first zone yet? I found it picks up when you get really challenged by some of the dinos, the t-Rex, the stealthy ones, the bulls etc there was a bit in the middle where the game was genuinely challenging, not just luring them in to bushes and not having some of the super gear near the end

hard thing to achieve in games recently, I find them repeatitive or frustrating rather than challenging, the only frustrating enemy in this was the smaller Dino birds

I don't think I've left the first zone yet, I've just been exploring and completing all the side quests and errands before I carry on with the main story and head to Meridian.

I have to admit, the more I play it, the funner it's getting. I think I need a better understanding about the weapons and fighting the machines though, I've just been chucking a few arrows before walking up to them and smashing them with my spear whilst munching on loads of medicine. I'm guessing that's not going to go down too well when I get to bigger machines.

Edited by Paddywhack

For the most part I loved the combat but I thought the Thunderjaws were quite underwhelming. My first fight must have lasted about 20 minutes but once you figure out how to kill them they're really straight forward. 

Plat'd it today. Possibly my GOTY (non switch owner) 

Went back to this today, took down a thunder jaw on my first attempt. I felt a bit sneaky so I planted 10 blast wires next to each other then lit it up with a firecaster I'd picked up off a bandit heavy. Queue lots of rolling and running away like a little girl when it took a little over half its health off. Threw out some tea arrows and it dropped a disc launcher. It melted quite quickly once I picked it up. 

Absolutely love this game, one of those titles that's great on launch, doesn't need dlc to make it feel like a full game and is visually stunning. Something that can't be said about 98% of games released in the modern market. 

This was only my 3rd platinum trophy, went back on just to complete the trophies and get another look at the game. 

Finally started this. Loving it so far.

Level 10 and just heading out, got my first Tall Neck and called it a night.

Sign in to follow this  

Â