Horizon Zero Dawn

hogso

is it just me that finds some of it pretty hard?

went to meridian last night, the quest was level 12, im level 20, went off piste a fair few times, got killed...the only bigger robot i can kill quite easily are the crocodiles, other than them it seems to be a bit of a grind, 5 minutes and 40+ arrows to kill one of those fire spitting yellow bellied things, last about 30 seconds with the t-rex and that was with me joining in with a hunting party, tried a hunting mission where you had 90 seconds to knock the belly off one of the stompy ones (can you also see that im not very good with the names...) but he was one of three and i couldnt do it

i rely on stealth and corrupting one of the robots so he can fight the others more than id like to

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

is it just me that finds some of it pretty hard?

went to meridian last night, the quest was level 12, im level 20, went off piste a fair few times, got killed...the only bigger robot i can kill quite easily are the crocodiles, other than them it seems to be a bit of a grind, 5 minutes and 40+ arrows to kill one of those fire spitting yellow bellied things, last about 30 seconds with the t-rex and that was with me joining in with a hunting party, tried a hunting mission where you had 90 seconds to knock the belly off one of the stompy ones (can you also see that im not very good with the names...) but he was one of three and i couldnt do it

i rely on stealth and corrupting one of the robots so he can fight the others more than id like to

Check out the machine bio's in the menus and exploit weaknesses.

The reason I like this game so much is the fact that you have to approach each machine differently, and the fact a gang of walker's can be just as dangerous as a t-rex(thunderjaw).

I don't want to spoil the fun of finding your own way to beat them but better weapons and the status effects are your friend.

PS this game is brilliant, didnt want to to finish and when I did finish the story

Spoiler

It got me excited all over again for dlc/horizon 2

Edited by jjaacckk91
Missed info
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

finished it last night, reckon ive put about 40 hours in, was seriously thinking of going for platinum did all the vantage points, did most of the metal flowers, a few of the banuk statues and all of the old cups or whatever they were, went to cash the cups in and the reward was shit and i dont think i'll be able to do all of the hunting golds

absolutely loved it, best game this gen for me

edit: on the status effects and the approach on various dinos, the tear arrows made a massive difference, hit their best weapon with one of them and disable it and then its pretty much done

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

finished it last night, reckon ive put about 40 hours in, was seriously thinking of going for platinum did all the vantage points, did most of the metal flowers, a few of the banuk statues and all of the old cups or whatever they were, went to cash the cups in and the reward was shit and i dont think i'll be able to do all of the hunting golds

If I get time to play, I'll finish it this weekend. I bought the maps early so I've done all of the collections. I can't be bothered with the hunting grounds at all. I got the fifth power cell last time I played, so I'll have fancy armour for the rest of the game :) 

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

edit: on the status effects and the approach on various dinos, the tear arrows made a massive difference, hit their best weapon with one of them and disable it and then its pretty much done

Especially if you tear off a weapon you can pick up and use :) 

• Like 2

yeah i finished it with the fancy armour makes it a lot easier, i also made sure i did all of the side missions

Spoiler

so you get them all help you in the last mission

i wasnt feeling the hunting grounds, even now im pretty powered up i just cant be bothered with it, watched some youtube videos of how to do it and knew i wouldnt 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Ps4 pro or normal ps4? I've got the pro on a 4k hdr tv and it's gorgeous. 

Pro on a 4k screen but pretend hdr8 not full on hdr10.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I really need to find a few hours to sit down and play this. I have only played the opening bit when she is a kid.

Sunk a few hours into this last night. Wow it's a bit good and looks bloody lovely.

I didn't think anything would surpass BOTW for me this year, but so far this feels like it could be even better.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite having started this thread, and having a lot of interest in it at the time, I didn't buy it then. I had a PSN store card to use last week, and it was either this or Witcher 3 GOTY. This was on sale, so I picked it up for £10 after the discount.

What a fantastic piece of work. I'm finding it difficult to find any criticism. It looks and sounds great, without doubt. The narrative is pretty original, and I've found myself invested in the various mysteries and characters/factions in very little time. The combat system is superb, the upgrades and crafting work great in conjunction with that, and I love the threat from the bigger mobs. Even taking down a group of smaller ones using stealth, or trying to go in all 'spears' blazing, great fun.

I suppose the open world could be a little more diverse - but then, I haven't seen all of it yet. Plus, the juxtaposition when you decend in to a ruin or a cauldron and that environment compared to the one you're used to creates a terrific atmosphere. So saying that would be harsh.

So glad I finally got round to it. If you haven't yet, you should.

Edited by hogso

• 1 month later...

I've finally got this and have been really looking forward to it as everybody I know that has played it has absolutely loved it.

I'm 14 hours in and level 17...and I think it's just okay. I'm enjoying it, don't get me wrong, but I'm a bit disappointed that I'm not totally blown away by it as others appear to have been.

7/10, will carry on banging.

Â