Horizon Zero Dawn

hogso

48 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Looks like style over substance to me. 

The story seems pretty solid so far. They do a really good job of setting up the world .

Probably the best intro into a world i've seen bar TLOU.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

This game is incredible. Surprised its not getting more love on here. Best single player game ive played in ages, sooooo much to do in this world., 

Yep. I put a fair few hours in again yesterday and it's absolutely fantastic.

Up to level 15 now and it's really opened up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yep. I put a fair few hours in again yesterday and it's absolutely fantastic.

Up to level 15 now and it's really opened up.

I'm at level 15 too, and have found that the variety of missions so far has been incredibly refreshing. Don't think I've had to do the same thing twice yet. I'm 10 hours in and there's so much left to discover. 

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

I've put the main quests on the back burner now because the side stuff is so good. Trying to get all of the very rare weapons at the moment.

What level are you mate? I can only get blue weapons at the minute :(

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What level are you mate? I can only get blue weapons at the minute :(

23. I was struggling at the start then I read up how to play the game properly. Kill anything you come across, even Turkeys etc. Get the golden fast travel pack so you can go anywhere at anytime. The hunter challenges will get you three very rare weapons at the end.

I'm currently doing the cauldrons so that I can override all of the machines. Should make the game even more fun and probably easier when I can do that.

• Like 2

I can recommend doing the Zeta cauldron. It took me 5 minutes, the fight was really tough with the Thunderclaw but he dropped 3 very rare coils, and I got a shit load of loot along the way. Tip for beating the the Thunderclaw.. use a Tearblaster and use his weapon he drops to finish him. I can now override Thunderclaws & Stormbirds after doing that cauldron, I can't wait to try that out.. carnage.

This game is **** awesome.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think i'm too far off finishing the main story on this now. I've taken my time and done a shed load of the side missions and errands as none of them are boring 'fetch' quests.

For me, it's the best game on the PS4 bar none.

• Like 3

Finished it.

Not much left to say really except to reiterate what i've already said - best PS4 game by a considerable margin.

Just as an aside, it's nice to see a game with a strong ending for a change. The last few missions are excellent.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Finished it.

Not much left to say really except to reiterate what i've already said - best PS4 game by a considerable margin.

Just as an aside, it's nice to see a game with a strong ending for a change. The last few missions are excellent.

Better than Witcher 3?

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, limpid said:

I put a few hours in yesterday and another couple this evening. I like it a lot.

Wait until about 7-8 hours in. It really opens up then.

It's a brilliant, brilliant game.

Â