Horizon Zero Dawn

hogso

maxresdefault.jpg

PS4 exclusive from Killzone devs Guerrilla Games, out next week and reviewing very well.

Post apocalyptic action role player, with third person combat involving spears, bow and arrows, harpoon guns, stealth, and an open world.

The biggest draw here is probably the fancy pants looking enemies - animals and dinosaurs in robot form referred to simply as 'Machines' rule the world, the reason for which is examined in the story. Of which is apparently one of the weaker aspects of the game.

The open world itself and combat hold up very well it seems, and it's pretty stunning to look at.

There's a few elements taken from other games - a Batman style 'focus' allows you to survey the area and locate Machine weak points, there's also the Ubisoft approach to the open world in so far as bits and bobs are dotted all over to investigate, and you can climb giant giraffe-like machines instead of radio towers to unlock sections of the map.

I was always rather impressed by the teasers we've seen over the years, looks like it might actually live up to the expectation.

same as what i said in the logan thread, if they're letting reviews out more than a week before the release then they know they've hit it out of the park

looking forward to it, i personally quite like the killzone series, hype killed it more than the games themselves being bad, there are a couple of really good things in shadow fall, stayed away from a lot of the previews, did see IGN suggest that the map was massive and really added to the game

will probably pick it up day of release

Looks pretty cool. Every so often I get lured in by the hype and think about buying a game for my neglected PS4 then remember how much they charge for new releases. I'll get a used copy in a few months. :P 

It'll be £40-45 in tesco, maybe with an offer on somewhere, pretty much the same price as they've been since the last days of PS2

GAME will want £50 and no doubt flog some special edition £90 version with a plastic robo dinosaur in it

that said i think pretty much all of last year i only had 1 or 2 games in my possession, i use CEX for the majority of mine, get GAME to price match their trade rate if they have an offer on, at the moment ive only got GTA 5, will probably make an exception for this but i'll try and complete it within a month and got shot of it for hopefully £25-30 trade for mass effect 

Edited by villa4europe

Just ordered it from CeX using vouchers. Looking forward to this one. Hopefully it will arrive before the weekend...

First new game since Overwatch for me, which I am still constantly playing.

Edited by briggaman

Managed to put a couple of hours into it last night. Stunning game and I have enjoyed the early stages of it. Can see myself sinking many hours into this over the coming weeks...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, briggaman said:

Managed to put a couple of hours into it last night. Stunning game and I have enjoyed the early stages of it. Can see myself sinking many hours into this over the coming weeks...

Yeah same here. I'm about 3 hours in and i've already fallen in love with the world and the main character.

I think the combat is very fluid and intuitive too which is a massive plus for a game like this.

• Like 1

I am mostly curious about the plot. For those who have put a few hours in, how does it seem so far? I have heard decent things about it - which for an open world game is massively appealing, as they uh, generally don't have much in the way of story at all. RDR probably being the only good example I've played, and even that was utterly barebones at times.

Â