• Hogan
    • Adomah (Jeninak 71)
    • Gardner (Bjarnason 82)
    • Bacuna (Kodjia 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

At least I won't have any of Dr Tony's annoying tweets making my phone beep and light up while I am trying to get to sleep. Funny how quiet he has been since the end of the transfer window (the only good times he has brought us because he is bloody shit at choosing managers!).

Thank you..... Out of all of the misery, you have made me laugh. 

Turned off when Newcastle scored, after an even game where we had more chances and corners (which everytime get headed away without issue) it was no surprise Newcastles first corner caused absolute panic gifting Newcastle the goal. 

9 hours ago, thunderball said:

Bruce doesn't change anything. It needed plan B and there wasn't one

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

That's probably the most important part of being a manager. Having a plan in place to ensure that your team doesn't fall apart when you concede a goal. Also having a plan b or being able to adapt via substitutions or tactical changes. Bruce seems incapable of doing any of these things.

Yep, the slowness to change anything really annoys me.

i can understand not changing anything at half time yesterday. We had actually played well most of the first half and it's reasonable to expect that after the halftime break, if we could revert to playing like that then we'd have a chance of getting back into it.

But once they scored their second it was clear it wasn't working and something had to change, especially as we now had to get two goals.

Yet it took at least another 10 minutes to make a change.

• Like 1

I've been on a cost saving exercise recently, and cancelled Sky Sports at the start of Feb, with my thinking being we never f***ing win on TV anyway. The first time I can remember ever not having Sky Sports, but that's what Villa have done to me. I just don't give a shit anymore. 

I'm absolutely baffled how we can change managers, owners, the board and bring in 19 players (or however many it is), and still produce a performance that last seasons players would have been proud of! 

The ridiculous thing is, for the first 40 minutes we were comfortable and more than in the game, and could have edged it and knicked the 3 points, but the panic at that corner cost us dearly. Such a soft goal to concede, and we never recovered from there. 

Hutton and Taylor did fine. Jedinak looked to assure Lansbury and Hourihane, but we just need more from every single player out there. Bjarnason over Adomah was a strange one, he didn't seem to know what to with himself!

• Like 1

we did well for 40 minutes - pressing hard and getting the second ball - much better .

then in their first real attack on goal they score !!

and they score again in their next real attack ! 

game over .

johnstone - did well - some good saves.

hutton - good

chester/elphick - could be better

taylor - much better than amavi

lansbury works hard  but not special

hourihane - good first half , went missing second half .

jedinak very good defensively 

bjarnson - good pressing but cant pass and cant finish 

hogan - i cant see any talent yet

kodjia - great individual skills - not a team player - a wildcard.

adohma - didnt do much 

gardner - like many has gone backwards

agbonlahor would be a big help at the moment - he gives defenses a lot to worry about.

dr tony may realise he has to get in an exceptionally talented manager just for survival .

• Like 1

Played well until 1st goal after that you can see the confidence drain from the players ,terrible goals to concede again and unless that stops we will continue to struggle .We just really need the rub of the green nothing is going for us and things will turn ,Newcastle created little but unfortunately we just handed them 2 soft goals .

i really dont think this elprick fella is up to it, his marking for the 1st goal was the problem.

this team need a robert huth at the back, i remember posting it about him 3 years back & guess what,,the site said the usual rubbish about him.

i have also said if we brought back (on loan) young/delph we would have a chance to get out this league..

should have moved the earth & got teki back..

when you buy championship players you get a championship team

enjoy the ride folks 

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'll post what i posted in the Bruce thread:

Was happy with the first half. But he [Bruce] has to do something with the mentality. 

As soon as they scored, everything changed.

Before their goal we were pressing, we played high up the pitch, we were energetic, we had belief.

As soon as they scored it was like a light switch, and it all disappeared. No belief, no energy, no pressure, no intent. Nothing.

Second half was diabolical.

Exactly, what I saw

but I also saw us losing the individual battles, (we had been competing with) after they scored.

its is worrying, because I thought under Bruce, this would disappear.

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

When we've conceded first away from home this season we've lost every single game.  Eight defeats.

To be fair, we have lost most games away from home irrespective of the conditions.....but I get your drift.

for me it's more of a mental problem than a technical one.

4 hours ago, jackdaww said:

we did well for 40 minutes - pressing hard and getting the second ball - much better .

then in their first real attack on goal they score !!

and they score again in their next real attack ! 

game over .

johnstone - did well - some good saves.

hutton - good

chester/elphick - could be better

taylor - much better than amavi

lansbury works hard  but not special

hourihane - good first half , went missing second half .

jedinak very good defensively 

bjarnson - good pressing but cant pass and cant finish 

hogan - i cant see any talent yet

kodjia - great individual skills - not a team player - a wildcard.

adohma - didnt do much 

gardner - like many has gone backwards

agbonlahor would be a big help at the moment - he gives defenses a lot to worry about.

dr tony may realise he has to get in an exceptionally talented manager just for survival .

Who do you think the exceptionally talented manager should be?

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I've been on a cost saving exercise recently, and cancelled Sky Sports at the start of Feb, with my thinking being we never f***ing win on TV anyway. The first time I can remember ever not having Sky Sports, but that's what Villa have done to me. I just don't give a shit anymore. 

I'm absolutely baffled how we can change managers, owners, the board and bring in 19 players (or however many it is), and still produce a performance that last seasons players would have been proud of! 

The ridiculous thing is, for the first 40 minutes we were comfortable and more than in the game, and could have edged it and knicked the 3 points, but the panic at that corner cost us dearly. Such a soft goal to concede, and we never recovered from there. 

Hutton and Taylor did fine. Jedinak looked to assure Lansbury and Hourihane, but we just need more from every single player out there. Bjarnason over Adomah was a strange one, he didn't seem to know what to with himself!

Its only one point in relation to corners and set pieces, but Chester and Elphick do not dominate in the air......

EG........like Badley and Pontus do at Leeds.

Â