• Adomah (Jeninak 71)
    • Gardner (Bjarnason 82)
    • Bacuna (Kodjia 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Eastie said:

Thought Hutton just shaded it from Jedi 

Possibly. Either way if we're talking about people who can take any credit from last night (which the OP was) Jedi should be included!

The problem is that Jedi is constructively combative but Lansbury and Hourihane seem to lose their heads flying around the place. I am not seeing the industry and interplay I thought these two would be bringing yet. I hope it will click. At least they have passion.

Also, for all Kodjia's talent he is no one man team and needs to learn quickly its a better use of resources passing than running down dead ends and shooting every time you are in possession - I thought Ayew was disposed of because of this trait and now we would be using the team.

I'm not a Grealish fan but not sure why we brought on Gardner when we needed a spark - it was the final role of the dice.

Bruce was embarrassingly short of tactical ideas vs Benitez, really shows up his old school approach. Once the goal went in he could not muster any tactical change to affect the game.

Edited by thunderball

I didn't watch the game but it sounded like we had some decent spells that should have instilled confidence.  Sadly, the confidence again is shot and unless we get a result in the next game, we'll be right in the shit.  I'm not looking forward to our next few matches at all - Bruce must improve things.   

Â