Issue viewing embedded tweets

peterms

Question

I find that while I can see embedded tweets on my tablet, the same thing on my PC shows as a hyperlink to the tweet, with no picture, and when I click the hyperlink, the link and any other content of the message disappears from the post, with nothing else opening up.  So it seems to be an issue about how my PC deals with it - any suggestions as to what it might be?  I don't get this happening when I view tweets in Twitter or Tweetdeck on my PC - it's only when looking at embedded tweets on this site.

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, peterms said:

I find that while I can see embedded tweets on my tablet, the same thing on my PC shows as a hyperlink to the tweet, with no picture, and when I click the hyperlink, the link and any other content of the message disappears from the post, with nothing else opening up.  So it seems to be an issue about how my PC deals with it - any suggestions as to what it might be?  I don't get this happening when I view tweets in Twitter or Tweetdeck on my PC - it's only when looking at embedded tweets on this site.

Please read the text at the top if the forum. Clear cookies and cache. Start new threads for new issues. Supply the requested information.

I'll split this into a new thread.

No idea. I recognise that a "free" internet costs a little privacy. It doesn't concern me. I'll pay to use the sites which I use that have the facility.

Blocking things from all sites just means that you are punishing the small independent sites disproportionately. They (we) are the ones for whom ad revenue is all there is. When you choose to let something like Ghostery take the revenue instead, the internet becomes a little less varied.

Â