The magical imaginarium

lapal_fan

I like it that everything has some sort of atomic form.  Everything made up of atoms, but the ones which make anything "alive" must be different to say, a rocks atomic makeup, which is wholly still and lifeless. 

Also, what makes certain atoms "know" what to do?  How do the atoms in my eyes know not to granually slip, merge and fuse with my eyelid atoms?  Or my teeth atoms not changing upon contact with my gum atoms?  Seems electricity is quite important :) 

We can change things, but we cannot destroy them.. I like that, comforting when thinking about consciousness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AJ said:

What if the world only existed within reach of everyone's senses?

You are in a closed room, and what you see, hear, smell and touch, only exist because you confirm their existence, and that everything outside the reaches of those senses is nothing but empty spatial haze waiting to be filled by your awareness. Matter doesn't exist, let alone people, and everything exists because you cause it to exist. The emptiness remains dormant, until you open the door, and like the light coming on when you open the fridge, that emptiness fills to whatever program that would be most logical.

What if this was for every single living person, but nobody was aware of it?

27427852.jpg

• Like 1

On 16/03/2017 at 10:40, lapal_fan said:

Also, what makes certain atoms "know" what to do? 

It's a bit like life I suppose but on a very small scale.  Some things attract you,  some things repulse you,  sometimes one can't be arsed and we just sit around for a bit  and some things you want to join up with.  That's about it across the universe and it seems so simple it is genius.  Everything has somewhere to go or something to do,  even if it is sitting very still like a rock.

What I really want to know is:- 

- If the universe was weighed 1 second after the big bang,  in a big bag or something that stops things falling out the top.  What would it weigh ?

- If the universe was weighed NOW.  Also in a big bag or something that stops things falling out the top,  maybe some smaller bags as the stuff is all a bit smaller.  What would it weigh ?  

My theory is that they should weigh the same.  I have lost 2 kg this week also so it will be interesting how that all pans out.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It's a bit like life I suppose but on a very small scale.  Some things attract you,  some things repulse you,  sometimes one can't be arsed and we just sit around for a bit  and some things you want to join up with.  That's about it across the universe and it seems so simple it is genius.  Everything has somewhere to go or something to do,  even if it is sitting very still like a rock.

What I really want to know is:- 

- If the universe was weighed 1 second after the big bang,  in a big bag or something that stops things falling out the top.  What would it weigh ?

- If the universe was weighed NOW.  Also in a big bag or something that stops things falling out the top,  maybe some smaller bags as the stuff is all a bit smaller.  What would it weigh ?  

My theory is that they should weigh the same.  I have lost 2 kg this week also so it will be interesting how that all pans out.

:lol:  that 2kg you lost is now in an Amsterdam sewer.. So I imagine the universe would weigh the same!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, we know that: 

There was an Olive

The Olive was in the Oil

The Oil was on the table

And the table was in the room

The room was in the building

the building was in the yard

The yard was in the area

And the area was in the town

The town was in the county

the county was in the country

The country was in the union

and the union was in the world

the world was in the universe

the universe was in the stars

Oh, the stars. Oh, oh the stars

------

So that means it would weigh at least as much as an olive, if not more.

• 3 years later...

Sometimes I will be walking up or down a flight of stairs, and I will have a premonition that in a few moments I will have arrived at the bottom or top of the stairs, and so strong is this premonition that it feels almost like I'm in two places at once, that is both halfway down the stairs and also at the bottom of stairs. It doesn't have to be on stairs, it can be whilst walking any short distance where I will walk from place to another in a matter of seconds, almost as if my mind is getting ahead of itself.

Edited by useless

I remember when I first came to this forum @lapal_fanthe impression I had of you was that you were more than happy with lighthearted teasing and jovial banter and your headspace was occupied or preoccupied with that spin on things and interested or engaged in little else. Very endearing and cheeky but little did I know that one can't learn anything that one thinks they already know, and so I'm glad to say I'm learning that there's this whole mammoth of understanding combined with curiosity that emanates from your being. Some of the musings in this thread would make the greatest minds in history say, "Yes!"

Edited by A'Villan

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I remember when I first came to this forum @lapal_fanthe impression I had of you was that you were more than happy with lighthearted teasing and jovial banter and your headspace was occupied or preoccupied with that spin on things and interested or engaged in little else. Very endearing and cheeky but little did I know that one can't learn anything that one thinks they already know, and so I'm glad to say I'm learning that there's this whole mammoth of understanding combined with curiosity that emanates from your being. Some of the musings in this thread would make the greatest minds in history say, "Yes!"

I ain't into bum stuff if thats wot ur sayin

ren and stimpy nicksplat GIF

32 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL PEOPLE 

angry fuck my life GIF

"My Mum says I'm good at..."

I've met more people who could care less how I fare in life, than I have people who are interested, and even less who would support me in my efforts.

Be the change you want to see. That's the magic I always try to imagine, and then practice.

Edited by A'Villan

On 16/02/2017 at 10:36, BOF said:

On that theme.  I love the fact that other than Michael Collins who took it, every single human being that has ever existed, alive or dead, is contained within the frame of this photograph.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iKR94Zus-CA/U5JUmd3zELI/AAAAAAAAJMc/7d2knA19BhY/s1600/Michael+Collins,+the+astronaut+who+took+this+photo,+is+the+only+human,+alive+or+dead+that+isn't+in+the+frame+of+this+picture,+1969.jpg

What about the ones round the other side of the planet? 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

What about the ones round the other side of the planet? 

Within the frame. Not in view. I thought you of all people would appreciate the choice of wording 😉 Pedants unite!

• Haha 1

Â