The magical imaginarium

lapal_fan

I also think about the inner workings of my car engine, as I've had it 8 years and it never breaks down, I think about the oil coursing through the parts.

Oh, and tits.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Won't lie . I covet the shit out of it . It's a bull in its prime, and if you know the right people in China town you can get £200 per fluid ounce for it's spunk .

Living out my days tossing off a prog rock cow.

That's the dream .

Cometh the man cometh the hour....

• Like 1

How cool it must be to look at planet Earth from the Moon.

Everything that's ever happened culturally, evolutionarily all consolidated on one stamp sized marble planet.  Makes agendas, things and bits and bobs seem incredibly petty.

I'd sit and watch it for hours, maaaaan.

Image result for wonder meme

• Thanks 1

When I'm trying to get to sleep and I can't drop off, I imagine scenarios such as 'zombie apocolaypse', 'alien invasion' or 'Jurassic Park: Nuneaton'. I have guns - somehow - and would plunder the local hospital for supplies (although in the case of ZA this may pose a problem). Petrol station not too far away. I live in a 3 storey block of 6 flats. We could work together, fortify the ground floor and stairwell - take shifts on lookout from the top floor. Sleep and eat on the middle floor. Then maybe I'd kill everyone else so me and the girly can have the place and all the supplies to ourselves. We'd survive.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I also think about the inner workings of my car engine, as I've had it 8 years and it never breaks down, I think about the oil coursing through the parts.

Oh, and tits.

I also think about the inner workings of your car engine, given that you've a Rover that hasn't broken down in 8 years.  Have you contacted the Guinness book of records? :trollface:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

How cool it must be to look at planet Earth from the Moon.

Everything that's ever happened culturally, evolutionarily all consolidated on one stamp sized marble planet.  Makes agendas, things and bits and bobs seem incredibly petty.

On that theme.  I love the fact that other than Michael Collins who took it, every single human being that has ever existed, alive or dead, is contained within the frame of this photograph.

Michael+Collins,+the+astronaut+who+took+

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

On that theme.  I love the fact that other than Michael Collins who took it, every single human being that has ever existed, alive or dead, is contained within the frame of this photograph.

I like that Mr Brian.

I also like those "relative size" videos you sometimes see on "how things work" 's twitter.  Where it's a photo of someone then just zooms out until you get to the edge of space or whatever.  Whenever you're having a bad time with trivial things like work or whatever, that should put things into perspective.

I also wonder when the 1st person to climb something massive, to dangle off the side of it with a headcam, just for a photo opportunity will fall to their death too.  What a waste it will be.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hogso said:

When I'm trying to get to sleep and I can't drop off, I imagine scenarios such as 'zombie apocolaypse', 'alien invasion' or 'Jurassic Park: Nuneaton'. I have guns - somehow - and would plunder the local hospital for supplies (although in the case of ZA this may pose a problem). Petrol station not too far away. I live in a 3 storey block of 6 flats. We could work together, fortify the ground floor and stairwell - take shifts on lookout from the top floor. Sleep and eat on the middle floor. Then maybe I'd kill everyone else so me and the girly can have the place and all the supplies to ourselves. We'd survive.

I do similar things, it's surprising how well it works when you're trying to sleep.  My most common method is to pretend in my head I'm a wrestler called Bulldozer Baz and by the time I've gone through half a match I'm asleep.  I've never got so far as developing a finishing move.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well, I'm not in it for a start, so

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I also wonder when the 1st person to climb something massive, to dangle off the side of it with a headcam, just for a photo opportunity will fall to their death too.  What a waste it will be.

Eh, that happens all the time.  Extreme selfying(sp?) accounts for loads of lives every year.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Eh, that happens all the time.  Extreme selfying(sp?) accounts for loads of lives every year.

I thought that might be true.  But I'm absolutely not interested in finding it.  I suppose I am waiting the inevitable click-bait story to come onto my Facebook timeline.

Shame really.  I wonder why they chose to do it?  Is it the "going viral" thing?  Is it boredom?  I know people like taking particular risks for rushes and stuff, but it's just insane to me!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hogso said:

I imagine scenarios such as 'zombie apocolaypse', 'alien invasion' or 'Jurassic Park: Nuneaton'.

To save on imagining the zombie apocalypse, try visiting 'spoons at 9 am.,

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Where it's a photo of someone then just zooms out until you get to the edge of space or whatever.

Yes I like these kinds of things. One of my faves that you can do on a nice clear night - locate Orion's belt, best done around January. From there look at Orion itself. The star in the top left of Orion, with a faint red hue that may or may not be distinguishable, is Betelgeuse. If you were to swap our Sun for Betelgeuse, it would engulf everything up to Jupiter. And that's the 31st largest known star in the universe. Phew. Plus it's pronounced Beatlejuice, so that's fun too. 

If you really want to scare yourself with scale, check out the largest 'suggested' known supermassive blackhole at S5 0014+81

Spoiler

tw5e2ad.jpg

Edited by hogso
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

Apart from all those born since you mean...

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Apart from all those born since you mean...

Nope, all of the stuff that made them, all of the building blocks for them are in that photo too.

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

Nope, all of the stuff that made them, all of the building blocks for them are in that photo too.

Disagree with the original statement on photo. 'All the building blocks for them' are not actual human beings. So, I'd say, every single human being that has ever existed, alive or dead, before it was taken, and the building blocks for those who will exist after, is contained within the frame of that photograph.

Edited by hogso

Â