Season Ticket Renewal

PieFacE

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

not really - standard practice. You buy something online (or over the phone)  if it doesn't arrive - you ask for your money back 

they only dispatched them on Friday though. 

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

they only dispatched them on Friday though. 

Thats up to to them.

All i am saying is if it hasn't arrived by saturday I will pursue for a refund. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Thats up to to them.

the email I got said to contact them if it hasn't turned up by Friday. Id personally give it till Thursday before I call if mine still hasn't turned up 

49 minutes ago, hippo said:

Thats up to to them.

You'd not go to watch Villa because a plastic card was late arriving?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brommy said:

You'd not go to watch Villa because a plastic card was late arriving?

No, because having renewed in April - I feel they have had time enough to get the stuff ready. If they weren't ready the contingency plan needs to be something better than queue up at the ticket office for an hour or so on saturday evening. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

No, because having renewed in April - I feel they have had time enough to get the stuff ready. If they weren't ready the contingency plan needs to be something better than queue up at the ticket office for an hour or so on saturday evening. 

Doesn't it amount to the same thing?

Just now, brommy said:

Doesn't it amount to the same thing?

Not sure I understand. I have purchased 2 season tickets every year since lambert arrived - and held one for many years before that. Having sat that watching miserable football for most of that time - tipping point comes - some have not renewed , I have.  Basically if they can't get two tickets out for someone who has forked close to £4k in recent years - then expect me to Q for a temporary ticket on a saturday evening - that's my tipping point.

If they knew they were having problems why not just post temporary tickets for this game.

Just had a call from my son - his junior ticket hasn't arrived yet.

• Like 1

I too am a long time season ticket holder (since Graham Taylor's first season in 1987) but that's irrelevant to the fact the cards may still arrive before Saturday (the club has stated they have started sending them out), or our club may need to make a temporary arrangement. If a temporary arrangement is required, I hope it doesn't inconvenience us too much. Either way, I find it curious that your 'tipping point' is related to this than, for example, the relatively large cost.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not sure I understand. I have purchased 2 season tickets every year since lambert arrived - and held one for many years before that. Having sat that watching miserable football for most of that time - tipping point comes - some have not renewed , I have.  Basically if they can't get two tickets out for someone who has forked close to £4k in recent years - then expect me to Q for a temporary ticket on a saturday evening - that's my tipping point.

If they knew they were having problems why not just post temporary tickets for this game.

Just had a call from my son - his junior ticket hasn't arrived yet.

I've replied (above) to this post but forgot to quote it for context and can't manage to copy and paste it to edit my post; apologies.

7 minutes ago, brommy said:

I too am a long time season ticket holder (since Graham Taylor's first season in 1987) but that's irrelevant to the fact the cards may still arrive before Saturday (the club has stated they have started sending them out), or our club may need to make a temporary arrangement. If a temporary arrangement is required, I hope it doesn't inconvenience us too much. Either way, I find it curious that your 'tipping point' is related to this than, for example, the relatively large cost.

I suppose I want to feel like a valued customer  - £700 is a lot of money for me. 

Still not got mine yet. Anyone else still waiting? 

It's ridiculous really I renewed ages ago. Leaving it all so late is asking for trouble. The post is so unreliable, how much will they have to pay to produce duplicates when things haven't turned up? 

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

I suppose I want to feel like a valued customer  - £700 is a lot of money for me. 

The cards haven't arrived yet because we aren't valued. Villa will have contracted a company to supply the cards (a company they have used successfully before and/or with a decent reputation) who have had a delay in providing the cards. This might even be down to a small part of the manufacturing or printing process. I'm sure our club are annoyed at the delay because if continues it might entail a significant additional amount of work for club staff and some level of inconvenience to it's customers.

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Still not got mine yet. Anyone else still waiting? 

It's ridiculous really I renewed ages ago. Leaving it all so late is asking for trouble. The post is so unreliable, how much will they have to pay to produce duplicates when things haven't turned up? 

Not had my 3 yet either but there's still time. Despite anecdotes, the UK post is generally very reliable. The club will know that posting out late before the first game means that the few that are genuinely 'lost in the post' won't have time for copies (they are mass produced so I imagine they are quite cheap) to arrive before Saturday afternoon, so I suspect they will be annoyed with their supplier. In nearly 30 years, I think it's happened to me once - that I had to collect a paper ticket for the first game because mine didn't arrive. Fortunately I was one of only a few so there was no delay at the ticket office but I appreciate it will be very busy if 20,000 of us are in the same boat.

OT but i remember a cup game against Liverpool, 10/15 years ago now. There was a cock with the tickets and ticket master had advised fans to collect tickets before the game. The queues were horrendous and kick off was delayed. 

I took my mom to that game, it was a bitterly cold evening and she wasn't impressed. I can't remember exactly how long the game was delayed but i remember thinking that if the game went into ET, anyone that came to the game via public transport were going to struggle to get home. With a couple of minutes left and the game all square, Gerrard conned the ref into giving him a free kick which led to the winner. 

Back OT. 

My card hasn't arrived yet, but i received my sons last week. 

Ordered mine in Feb been a ever present season ticket holder from the from the first time they were issued for the Holte End,

if its not here for Saturday then its the excuse I want for never having to go and watch the crap that's been served up the last

7 years or so, and get my money back

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, av1 said:

OT but i remember a cup game against Liverpool, 10/15 years ago now. There was a cock with the tickets and ticket master had advised fans to collect tickets before the game. The queues were horrendous and kick off was delayed. 

I took my mom to that game, it was a bitterly cold evening and she wasn't impressed. I can't remember exactly how long the game was delayed but i remember thinking that if the game went into ET, anyone that came to the game via public transport were going to struggle to get home. With a couple of minutes left and the game all square, Gerrard conned the ref into giving him a free kick which led to the winner. 

Back OT. 

My card hasn't arrived yet, but i received my sons last week. 

The 4-3 game, and the start (or it seemed to be) of Gerrard continuously **** us over.

It was about an hour and a half, surprised it went ahead. Was a cracking game to be fair

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brommy said:

The cards haven't arrived yet because we aren't valued. Villa will have contracted a company to supply the cards (a company they have used successfully before and/or with a decent reputation) who have had a delay in providing the cards. This might even be down to a small part of the manufacturing or printing process. I'm sure our club are annoyed at the delay because if continues it might entail a significant additional amount of work for club staff and some level of inconvenience to it's customers.

Agreed, the club will do all in their power to get us the ticket on time. If it's late it's late, nothing to worry or demand money back. Plus with Tony being so customer centric if they are late I wouldn't be surprised to see extra money added to the villa cash thing as a sorry.

Â