Season Ticket Renewal

PieFacE

53 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Might be a stupid question- but can you use your villa cash to renew/lower price of  your season ticket?

The email from the club said that you can, but I can't find an option to do it online. You might have to call them to do it.

On 2/14/2017 at 09:19, PieFacE said:

So this season was the year where all hope was supposed to be restored in football. A new owner to inject life into the club, a new CEO who understands football, a manager with history of getting promoted, near enough a new squad of some of the best talent in this league and most importantly, a drop in quality in opposition making it easier to win games.

It couldn't have really gone much worse really, could it? 

Instead of making me feel better about going to the Villa, it's pretty much destroyed all enthusiasm I have now. I'm sick to death of it and frankly, bored of the whole package of it, it's all taken it's toll on me now. 

Instead of going to the Ipswich game or following it on soccer Saturday I had a quick power sleep instead. Sleeping through the football was so much more enjoyable, and when I woke up and saw it was 1-0 to Ipswich I wasn't even remotely bothered and had a much better day for it.

So I've decided I will NOT be renewing my season ticket next year, we're on TV enough as it is and I really don't think it's worth the effort anymore. 

Anyone else feeling they won't be renewing too? 

I am not being patronising or sarcastic, but it sounds to me you need a break from it......live/matchday anyway.....watch from afar......you won't feel cheated so much.

I was in the same boat.....except ironically, I left my seat of 25 years under the last season of O'Neill.....The football became, predictable and turgid.....never in my dreams did I think it would get worse and OMG it did and has.

Ironically, I am toying with the idea of going back.....now I am retired.....I think I have conditioned my self to the lower level of football, albeit first half of the Bristol game was challenging my patience, second half was chalk and cheese.

You will always be a villa fan, don't think of yourself as defeatist.....just have a break from it and sorry for the pun.....go again.

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I am not being patronising or sarcastic, but it sounds to me you need a break from it......live/matchday anyway.....watch from afar......you won't feel cheated so much.

I was in the same boat.....except ironically, I left my seat of 25 years under the last season of O'Neill.....The football became, predictable and turgid.....never in my dreams did I think it would get worse and OMG it did and has.

Ironically, I am toying with the idea of going back.....now I am retired.....I think I have conditioned my self to the lower level of football, albeit first half of the Bristol game was challenging my patience, second half was chalk and cheese.

You will always be a villa fan, don't think of yourself as defeatist.....just have a break from it and sorry for the pun.....go again.

Come back TRO, come back. 

I am certain that next season will be what Pieface said in his first paragraph. You know it makes sense. 

It makes me sad that people have been lost from the fold after a lifetime of support. 

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

Come back TRO, come back. 

I am certain that next season will be what Pieface said in his first paragraph. You know it makes sense. 

It makes me sad that people have been lost from the fold after a lifetime of support. 

The problem can be with some fans like me.....you see every/ most errors and drives you mad.....your frustration can spill over to making exclamations, which can piss people off around you.

its kinda loving the club too much, if you know what I mean and every defeat is like a dagger through the heart.

when it gets to you......you have to have a break from it.

I wanted Villa to win a game of tiddly winks....

I was constant during the Saunders era where we went a goal up and the game was all over basically......I watched a team get gradually better over 6 years, it was a constant period of improvement.....I seen something similar under Graham Taylor and Brian little, .....we had good moments with Gregory and Atkinson respectively.

We have to accept the demise under Lerner......bin it........and revisit the team for what it as a rebuild,that will take years of hopefully gradual improvement.

Some fans are struggling with our fall from grace.....and it is quite understandable, but we just have to fight our way back.

I believe we will fight our way back......and we can enjoy that aspect.

For the sake of our own enjoyment and good spirit, we must not derail that good spirit, by a few setbacks.

most graphs of improvement can resemble a mountain range, but as long as it gets gradually higher overall as we go.....we be back in the pink.

PS I still go down on a match by match basis, sometimes get invited in to the Corporate, when I behave myself.

pps was speaking to Peter McParland at the Derby game..still knowledgable about the game....Topman.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

On 02/03/2017 at 12:17, limpid said:

The email from the club said that you can, but I can't find an option to do it online. You might have to call them to do it.

I renewed today over the phone and I was able to use my Villa Cash. The person dealing said that she didn't think you could use your Villa Cash other than by phoning.

7 hours ago, TRO said:

The problem can be with some fans like me.....you see every/ most errors and drives you mad.....your frustration can spill over to making exclamations, which can piss people off around you.

its kinda loving the club too much, if you know what I mean and every defeat is like a dagger through the heart.

when it gets to you......you have to have a break from it.

I wanted Villa to win a game of tiddly winks....

I was constant during the Saunders era where we went a goal up and the game was all over basically......I watched a team get gradually better over 6 years, it was a constant period of improvement.....I seen something similar under Graham Taylor and Brian little, .....we had good moments with Gregory and Atkinson respectively.

We have to accept the demise under Lerner......bin it........and revisit the team for what it as a rebuild,that will take years of hopefully gradual improvement.

Some fans are struggling with our fall from grace.....and it is quite understandable, but we just have to fight our way back.

I believe we will fight our way back......and we can enjoy that aspect.

For the sake of our own enjoyment and good spirit, we must not derail that good spirit, by a few setbacks.

most graphs of improvement can resemble a mountain range, but as long as it gets gradually higher overall as we go.....we be back in the pink.

PS I still go down on a match by match basis, sometimes get invited in to the Corporate, when I behave myself.

pps was speaking to Peter McParland at the Derby game..still knowledgable about the game....Topman.

I am similar to be fair. It's been so so painful the last few weeks. I have been quite vociferous because of the frustration. Been waiting for someone to turn around and have a go at me but it's not happened yet. 

• Like 1

On 18/02/2017 at 00:40, John said:

I guess there will be price increases after the 7/4 deadline but if that also applies to ST holders who bought their tickets with the expectation of benefiting from a price freeze in 17/18 by doing so it would seem we may have been sold a pup but hopefully that is me jumping to a conclusion and the club will clarify this situation later.

Just to confirm it was me jumping to a conclusion and we were not sold a pup last year. The club sent the following on the bottom of an e-mail I received on 23/2: 

"To clarify and in response to a number of comments from Season Ticket Holders, supporters that renewed their 2016/17 season ticket before 31st May 2016 will have their price frozen beyond the Early Bird deadline of 7th April 2017 and will remain frozen until the first home league game of the 2017/18 season in August (date to be confirmed). Your existing seat will be held until 5pm on Friday 9th June. We will continue to monitor feedback and act accordingly". 

I should have known better and will pay in full in early June to hold onto my existing seat (if you want to spread the payments over 4 or 9 months charge-free the purchase will still be need to be made by 7/4). Well done to the club! :thumb:

Edited by John
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, John said:

Just to confirm it was me jumping to a conclusion and we were not sold a pup last year. The club sent the following on the bottom of an e-mail I received on 23/2: 

"To clarify and in response to a number of comments from Season Ticket Holders, supporters that renewed their 2016/17 season ticket before 31st May 2016 will have their price frozen beyond the Early Bird deadline of 7th April 2017 and will remain frozen until the first home league game of the 2017/18 season in August (date to be confirmed). Your existing seat will be held until 5pm on Friday 9th June. We will continue to monitor feedback and act accordingly". 

I should have known better and will pay in full in early June to hold onto my existing seat (if you want to spread the payments over 4 or 9 months charge-free the purchase will still be need to be made by 7/4). Well done to the club! :thumb:

So does this mean the prices will go up? If you didn't get the freeze? I did, but they can't be increasing the prices surely?

3 hours ago, philgetaway said:

So does this mean the prices will go up? If you didn't get the freeze? I did, but they can't be increasing the prices surely?

I would think at least some must be going up if not all of them because otherwise there is little point in having an early bird offer or in freezing prices for existing ST holders who purchased before 31/5/16 beyond the early bird deadline.     

I am so tempted to get a season ticket after a 3 year break.  9 months interest free on one of those £322 tickets is not to be sniffed at.  Just need to convince the rest that gave up when I did.   The family ticket for 2 adults and 2 under 16s for £644 is cracking value if we have a tilt at going up.

Edited by S-Platt

52 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I am so tempted to get a season ticket after a 3 year break.  9 months interest free on one of those £322 tickets is not to be sniffed at.  Just need to convince the rest that gave up when I did.   The family ticket for 2 adults and 2 under 16s for £644 is cracking value if we have a tilt at going up.

Go for it. That is excellent value. 

Despite the trials and tribulations I have had fun this year. I've gone to many away games also so it has been a bit more of a grind at times, but our home form has been decent. 8 wins, 7 draws, 2 losses. Would hope for better next year too given less instability.

• Like 2

After working shifts for the last few years im starting a normal Mon-Fri job next month so i decided to get me and my lad a ST today.

K7 for £489, i think thats fantastic valve. 

Its slightly higher than i would have liked because my boy is only 12, and the top end of the upper Holte rarely sit down. Hopefully after the 10th of june cut off for renewals I'll be able to move a bit lower  

Â