Season Ticket Renewal

PieFacE

2 hours ago, sne said:

Have they mentioned anything regarding prices depending on which league we'll be playing in?

Surely they can't charge PL prices if the worst happens and we are relegated again?

Our lowest adult ST is 17th lowest in the Championship, though. 

I do think football is overpriced, but fans want it both ways all the time too. They want to pay the lowest prices but want their club to spend. Football doesn't work like that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I do think football is overpriced, but fans want it both ways all the time too. They want to pay the lowest prices but want their club to spend. Football doesn't work like that.

True.

I do like the German system better where the ticket prices are generally lower and the attendances higher.

As for the players we've signed, the money doesn't actually come from money the club has made but rather from money Xia has pumped in.

But I agree, one can't really demand low prices and then complain when things are below standard at the stadium.

Just now, sne said:

True.

I do like the German system better where the ticket prices are generally lower and the attendances higher.

I'm not sure it would make that much difference. England has more prominent clubs and a much smaller population. Every club more or less has a fan base that won't increase or shrink by much. If Villa put up lower ticket prices, we'd still get roughly what we do now.

Germany's attendances are more to do with population than price. Even then, Premier League attendances (with Spurs/Chelsea expansion and Newcastle going up) will be better, and they will certainly be paying more than Bundesliga prices.

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Another point- last season the club delayed putting disabled seats in the lower north.

As they have not mentioned reallocating season ticket holders in these seats, I presume they aren't doing this?

We are below the expected amount of disabled seats at Villa Park, have the club now got alternative plans to resolve this? 

On the page showing the cost of specific blocks for season tickets within the ground, the line of disabled seating in the Trinity is carried round into the North Stand so I would presume it is being done this summer.

At least they have lowered the pricing for the kids. The cheapest season ticket last season for a 15 year old would have been £145, now it is £69 which is a big saving.  And they have increased the young adult age from 18 to 21 for the same price which is a good thing. A 19 year old may have not bothered renewing for a full price ticket, now they might. Villa need to keep the younger fans still coming live to Villa Park through the dross, or they may never come back.

15 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

Might be worth hanging on until the end of the season before renewing. League 1 prices should be cheaper.

These are the prices for next season. They won't change regardless of what happens. Your advice is poor as it might stop people getting the free finance.

• Like 3

I'd like to have seen the club do a little more on prices, I'm not sure that the balance between maximising the income and filling Villa Park will be quite achieved at these prices. I await the introduction of the loyalty points scheme with interest; it would seem to form a big part of what will or won't make the season ticket work and it's interesting that people are being asked to renew with no real idea what it is.

I renewed.

• Like 1

The reduced kids prices are tempting me to get a couple of season tickets next year. I've not had a ST for a few years now due to the fact i work a '4 on 4 off' shift pattern, so it works out cheaper to buy match by match. 

But just looking at those prices, for the outer wings of the Holte, i could get an adult and child for £489 (£420 adult, £69 child) which works out about £20 a game. My shifts will still mean i have to miss a load of games, but if i could arrange an adult to accompany my boy, at least he could see the majority of games. 

Have i read somewhere that season tickets holders can sell their seats via the OS for games they can't make? Or have i just dreamed that?

On 18/02/2017 at 13:11, kurtsimonw said:

Er it does at Man City. And when we had our cheapest season tickets for years was the year was averaged 40,000. Which is not going to happen again any time soon.

I don't think we also want our club to spunk money- we just want to see some watchable football and leave with a smile rather than a frown on most occasions. 

14 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Er it does at Man City. And when we had our cheapest season tickets for years was the year was averaged 40,000. Which is not going to happen again any time soon.

I don't think we also want our club to spunk money- we just want to see some watchable football and leave with a smile rather than a frown on most occasions. 

Seeing as we were unbeaten at home until 10 days ago you should be renewing straight away! This has been our best results at home for years. 

5 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Seeing as we were unbeaten at home until 10 days ago you should be renewing straight away! This has been our best results at home for years. 

True, but we didn't win all that many iirc. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2017 at 13:37, mattyvilla said:

i have just renewed at £644 for 2 adult and 2 child , works out at £28 a game , pretty difficult to turn down

Might be better if at the end of the season you worked out VFM based on how many £s per win and/or goal. :)

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Say if you get a season ticket, and then you want to go to the game with a friend who occasionally goes, can you get your season ticket seat relocated for particular matches?

Yes you can.

Â