Season Ticket Renewal

PieFacE

I've been a season ticket holder for over 10 years and not missed a home game in that time. I'm seriously thinking about jacking it in. I don't look forward to going anymore and i think i could best spend my time and money doing other things. I don't expect the team to be winning every game, but just show me something other than the gutless shit i'm seeing week in week out.

I shall not be purchasing one and the club really needs to start looking at it's pricing policy next season. 25k for Barnsley the official figures, but doubt we even hit 20,000 in actual attendance.

Looking at individual tickets. £33 to watch Bristol City on a Tuesday night. Quite staggering.

I have been a season ticket holder for as long as they have sold them for the Holte End so I guess for some 30 years and a fair bit (I'm not sure when they first started selling them for the standing areas does anyone know?). I bought one then because I had previously gone to every home game in any case so it saved me money for more beer and it still does.

My friends and I sit together so I would not want to lose my seat and going down the Villa is a habit that we would all find very hard to break after all these years as men and boys. I also want to show my support to the Doctor who has ploughed a lot of money into our club this season without getting much if any reward for doing so. I hope this team will gel for next season and we will get back where we belong for season 18/19. I plan to be shouting my support as a season ticket holder from my usual seat once again next season.

For every bad game such as the one against Barnsley on Tuesday there is a good one (the semi-final win against Liverpool at Wembley). For every bad season such as last season there is a good one (95/6 was one of those). The bad games and bad seasons have been more frequent than the good ones of late but football at Villa Park although it can be good, bad and ugly is not to be missed.         

• Like 4

Am I missing something? I'm only able to check on phone but they're saying there's an early bird discount when there isn't - there's just an earlier deadline.

Last year you could get ST for 9month DD for no cost if you did it by end of May. This year it's exactly the same price but you only have til mid April.

Feels a bit like a con unless I'm not reading something properly.

9 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Am I missing something? I'm only able to check on phone but they're saying there's an early bird discount when there isn't - there's just an earlier deadline.

Last year you could get ST for 9month DD for no cost if you did it by end of May. This year it's exactly the same price but you only have til mid April.

Feels a bit like a con unless I'm not reading something properly.

I was thinking the same my ticket will be the same, if I buy it by 7th April, yet they specifically said if purchased by a certain date last year we'd benefit from a price freeze, no deadlines were implied however! My nephew on the other hand is down from £160 to £69 which is decent.

If we were even pushing for the playoffs, and I thought I'd see decent football and some wins next season, I might think about it. Another year of lower table struggling isn't for me.

I had a ticket for 8-9 years until Lambert's 2nd season, when I realised I was paying well over a grand for tickets and travel to be pissed off for a few hours every other week.

Missing a game would have been unthinkable a few years ago. No I can't be bothered to watch half the time when we're on TV.

• Like 2

Just had a look at the prices. Are they taking the **** piss?

£500+ in the Holte for a ticket in the Chumpionship after this **** embarrassing shambles of a season? **** off. The club should be **** ashamed. Regular attendances below half capacity next season, IMO.

You can't charge Premier League prices for this shit.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Mammoth10 said:

I was thinking the same my ticket will be the same, if I buy it by 7th April, yet they specifically said if purchased by a certain date last year we'd benefit from a price freeze, no deadlines were implied however! My nephew on the other hand is down from £160 to £69 which is decent.

That is how I read it as well. I guess there will be price increases after the 7/4 deadline but if that also applies to ST holders who bought their tickets with the expectation of benefiting from a price freeze in 17/18 by doing so it would seem we may have been sold a pup but hopefully that is me jumping to a conclusion and the club will clarify this situation later. It is positive that current season ticket holders will get the first home game of the season free (I thought as we had no home game this season we had lost our bet with the club on that one).

I have to add that the expectation I had was that the price freeze would benefit us mainly if we got promotion this season (as I had not anticipated a price increase if we had a season like we are currently having). As we are staying where we are and given the dire seasons we have sat through in recent years I would not expect any major increase in prices after the early bird deadline has passed and certainly nothing above the inflation rate since the last pricing was decided upon. Hopefully more news will follow that will be more positive then that we have to date.      

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

£500+ in the Holte for a ticket in the Chumpionship after this **** embarrassing shambles of a season? **** off. The club should be **** ashamed. Regular attendances below half capacity next season, IMO.

Thats what happens when you have a premier league wage bill.

The worst thing about that is that we only have about 3 players capable of playing in the premier league. We really are a badly run football club and it's going to be a total disaster when we are still in the championship in two years time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Sadly this is now the cost across the board we are relatively cheap compared to many championship clubs , the fans no longer matter

It's the lack of respect towards ST holders that annoys me, particularly as we are the ones who put up with the awful performances week on week.

Last year; "renew this season and get cup game and frozen prices next year too, even if/when we go up"

After awful season and more threat of relegation than promotion, "only freezing prices if you buy a lot earlier than normal, not making up for cup game either, rest of you will get a price increase - even if we were to be relegated"

It's frankly a disgrace. We've been at best mislead, at worst lied to. The Villa cash was abruptly stopped for merchandise  - only have til end of month, by the way as of today shop in town is closed and website is down for maintenence...until after your Villa Cash expires.

I don't actually think the club care about current ST holders at all.

• Like 1

Another point- last season the club delayed putting disabled seats in the lower north.

As they have not mentioned reallocating season ticket holders in these seats, I presume they aren't doing this?

We are below the expected amount of disabled seats at Villa Park, have the club now got alternative plans to resolve this? 

Â