Season Ticket Renewal

PieFacE

So this season was the year where all hope was supposed to be restored in football. A new owner to inject life into the club, a new CEO who understands football, a manager with history of getting promoted, near enough a new squad of some of the best talent in this league and most importantly, a drop in quality in opposition making it easier to win games.

It couldn't have really gone much worse really, could it? 

Instead of making me feel better about going to the Villa, it's pretty much destroyed all enthusiasm I have now. I'm sick to death of it and frankly, bored of the whole package of it, it's all taken it's toll on me now. 

Instead of going to the Ipswich game or following it on soccer Saturday I had a quick power sleep instead. Sleeping through the football was so much more enjoyable, and when I woke up and saw it was 1-0 to Ipswich I wasn't even remotely bothered and had a much better day for it.

So I've decided I will NOT be renewing my season ticket next year, we're on TV enough as it is and I really don't think it's worth the effort anymore. 

Anyone else feeling they won't be renewing too? 

• Like 1

Not a season ticket holder, but i normally go to watch around 5 games each season.

This season i've been to one game and have no interest in going to any more. 

I also like to watch a lot of the games on TV, i've also given up watching now, just check the score later in the day to see that we've lost.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nope.

This season was my first as a ST holder and I've very much enjoyed it, despite the recent poor run.

I'll be renewing next season, although i may move seats.

Respect!

the local SM-establishment would be cheaper.

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nope.

This season was my first as a ST holder and I've very much enjoyed it, despite the recent poor run.

That enthusiasm will get drained out of you :D 

I don't blame you for not renewing. In my opinion the atmosphere is dreadful, the football is dreadful (although optimistic it will turn around under Xia at some point), it is overpriced (I know it's cheap in comparison to other clubs, but I just think football is a rip off) and Sky mess around with the fixture dates and times far too much. I much prefer picking and choosing and watching some games on TV. That's the way I see the current generation going unless some of the above points are dealt with.

• Like 1

Over the past few years there's been times I'd thought about giving it up but I've continued to go. 

I'll be honest, I'm taking a break, I'm done with this team for awhile. I won't be attending tonight and I won't be watching monday. 

Just pretty sick of it. Had a lot of enthusiasm in the summer and that came back slightly a couple of weeks ago. But genuinely can't see us going anywhere with this manager. Get this season over with and hope my enthusiasm returns in the summer. 

• Like 1

im not renewing

had one for 4 years then took lamberts first year off thanks to ginger bollocks then ive had one since, probably do about 10 away games too and pre season abroad

i'll take another year off, its like the giving up smoking adverts, heres what you could save and heres what you could do if you stopped wasting money on villa...i reckon with the amount i spend on the season ticket, getting to home games, away games, pre season, shirts etc i could probably go for a weekend away once a month, im tempted to go watch some european football to see if it reignites my interest in football because its not just villa, ive lost interest in pretty much all of it

I quit the season ticket 3 or 4 years ago after decades of never missing a single match.

Weekends are more enjoyable now I'm not paying for the privilege of watching a load of shite, and at nearly thirty quid a go on the Holte I won't be back as a casual supporter either.

• Like 3

I could easily say now that I won't renew but I know I probably will despite everything. I think this season is my 13 or 14 year with season tickets and its become a bit of a habit. My fear is, bizarrely, that if I give up we will suddenly be become brilliant and I will be missing out! Ridiculous I know as I could just buy a ticket.

The one thing that has changed is I don't care if I miss a game. For example I am down in Bournemouth at the moment and will miss the game tonight and I missed Saturday's too. More often than not I don't pass my tickets on to friends. To be honest and this tells you everything most of my mates don't want them.

I suppose the biggest reason is I go with my son. He's 20 now and away at Uni so he misses many games but its a father / son thing since he was about 6 and I would miss it. I know I could always just buy tickets for certain matches but in reality we would just stop going.

There are so many things wrong at Villa; the football has been awful for years, we have had so many false dawns, generally the atmosphere at games is rubbish and we are in the upper tier of the Holte, we are a laughing stock in the media, I would love it we had a manager who I could believe in, I would love to see a committed competitive side who are difficult to beat.......I could go on but I will almost certainly renew next season.

I just found another sporting interest so no matter how much AVFC screw up on a weekly and seasonal basis I really don't lose any sleep or let it ruin my evening or weekend anymore. I even have to put the fixtures in my phone calendar to remind when and who they are playing that is how little interest I have anymore.

I still want them to win though and I hate the fact that we have played turgid football under a succession of turd managers over the years.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nope.

No need to Mrs BOF, Pieface has already said that he won't be pestering you next season ;)

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I could easily say now that I won't renew but I know I probably will despite everything. I think this season is my 13 or 14 year with season tickets and its become a bit of a habit. My fear is, bizarrely, that if I give up we will suddenly be become brilliant and I will be missing out! Ridiculous I know as I could just buy a ticket.

The one thing that has changed is I don't care if I miss a game. For example I am down in Bournemouth at the moment and will miss the game tonight and I missed Saturday's too. More often than not I don't pass my tickets on to friends. To be honest and this tells you everything most of my mates don't want them.

I suppose the biggest reason is I go with my son. He's 20 now and away at Uni so he misses many games but its a father / son thing since he was about 6 and I would miss it. I know I could always just buy tickets for certain matches but in reality we would just stop going.

There are so many things wrong at Villa; the football has been awful for years, we have had so many false dawns, generally the atmosphere at games is rubbish and we are in the upper tier of the Holte, we are a laughing stock in the media, I would love it we had a manager who I could believe in, I would love to see a committed competitive side who are difficult to beat.......I could go on but I will almost certainly renew next season.

I thought that too and a couple of years later it turned out to be a very good decision!

I will renew no question.   Having suffered some of the worst times , I don't want to lose my seat - I have to be there for when we regain our slipped crown as Pride of the Midlands and become challengers in the top league again  (well I can dream!!)  I suppose it's idiots like me that Villa thrive on!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I quit the season ticket 3 or 4 years ago after decades of never missing a single match.

Weekends are more enjoyable now I'm not paying for the privilege of watching a load of shite, and at nearly thirty quid a go on the Holte I won't be back as a casual supporter either.

See I'm fully in the Markavfc40 camp and will absolutely renew, but genuinely do admire this stance too, I'm pretty sure I could be far happier come a Friday night, Saturday 7.30 or Sunday whenever, but for some reason it's too big a wrench away! Oh and my 12 year old nephew wants to renew too which makes me a little sad and proud at the same time!

Edited by Mammoth10

I'm a shift worker including weekend work and had a season ticket through the 80s and 90s but sky were moving too many games and kick off times became impossible for me to get time off work - I gave up my season ticket for this reason mainly and now choose my games as and when I can .

the cost of football and the greed in the game have ruined If from what I got used to as a lad in the 70s - now the richer get richer .

Edited by Eastie

I am rapidly losing all interest in going. Didn't go Saturday & not going tonight either. My friend gets her ticket for free so we split the cost . I would not be renewing if I had to pay the full price . I will see how I feel nearer the new season beginning .

I'll renew and while I love aways, it'll be those that I cut down on. I think my season ticket works out at about £17 a game, so spending that and a few hours to see Villa on a Saturday doesn't bother me too much even when it's crap. It's spending £50+ and 10 hours going down to London to watch the same/worse crap where I'll be drawing the line.

Â