Prematch Thread

Grasshopper

2 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Thats just how much i want bruce out. I have no faith that he can improve us an wholeheartedly believe we need to move on before we wake up in league 1

Same here, would rather 1 good hiding to force someones hand than to keep getting turned over by Brentford/Barnsley etc.

£100 on Newcastle with a -2 handicap  at 9/2 should help ease the pain

Edited by LakotaDakota

Is Jedi back?

----------------------SJ----------------------

Bacuna----Chester--Baker-------Amavi

--------------------Jedi----------------------

--------Hourihane-----Lansbury---------

Adomah-----------------------------Green

-------------------Kodjia---------------------

Thor, Hogan, Grealish, Hutton, Elphick, Taylor, Bunn

15 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

My business partner is a Newcastle fan.  He asked me today if I wanted to put some money on the game.  I told him only if I was backing Newcastle and he was backing Villa.

I genuinely think I'll try watching Sutton Utd v Arsenal. Or a film. I can't be arsed with the hope/agony/hope/agony cycle any more.  I think I've finally broken.  It might make me a glory fan, but to be honest I'd love to just be an "occasional win makes me happy" fan.

He said it for other reasons but I think this Frankie Boyle quote is apt for you - "They say it's the hope that kills.  So we should be OK".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

My business partner is a Newcastle fan.  He asked me today if I wanted to put some money on the game.  I told him only if I was backing Newcastle and he was backing Villa.

I genuinely think I'll try watching Sutton Utd v Arsenal. Or a film. I can't be arsed with the hope/agony/hope/agony cycle any more.  I think I've finally broken.  It might make me a glory fan, but to be honest I'd love to just be an "occasional win makes me happy" fan.

In my better half's office there's a group of lads who bet on the footy, today she asked me my opinion on the game and I said I'd back Newcastle by 2+ goals if I was going to bet on it. She said that all the italian lads had all backed Newcastle! The kindest comment with regard to us was "You're only 11 players away from a team..." I did say we had the players it's just that it seems that no-one has been bothered to introduce them to each other...

Edited by romavillan
Correcting Trump style sentence

Wow it's cheery in here.  

I don't think we'll get any points out of tonight either but dor me it's not really the point tonight.  Tonight I'm hoping for some minor signs of improvent even if that's just the occasional move when our play looks mildly incisive or even a few of the partnerships show occasional.  Promise.  Maybe the odd one two between hogan and kodja or lansbury and hourihane.

That in itself might be the most depressing thing but i see that as a positive goven the amount of change and how crap we've been for so long.  

Probably wont happen mind but that would be my motivation for watching.

In a weird way, I think we may play a lot better than other matches, simply because of the fixture.

We're not expected to win this.. The Villa players thinking they're a bit of an underdog may work to our benefit.

I don't think Newcastle will turn us over but who knows. We may just nick it..

Edited by Sam3773