Prematch Thread

Grasshopper

10 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Not really @BOF to me it says they are more likely to lose at home and given that the presure we as fans are putting onour players at VP I actually think we could get something up there in Scotland

Oh I agree and have said as much elsewhere. I just mean their stats are unsurprisingly impressive. 

If jedinak is fit he will surely start. 

..................bunn

hutton.chester.baker.taylor

Lansbury.jedinak.hourihane

....adomah.hogan.kodjia

subs: Johnstone, elphick, bjarnesson, amavi, green, Davis, Grealish 

Edited by theboyangel

Just now, darrenm said:

Please no:

Hutton

Baker

Grealish

Adomah

Yes to:

Bree

Taylor

Green

Think you'll be disappointed as Hutton, baker, adomah and probably grealish will feature. 

Bree is injured, Taylor is a late fitness test but green should make the match day squad. 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Think you'll be disappointed as Hutton, baker, adomah and probably grealish will feature. 

Bree is injured, Taylor is a late fitness test but green should make the match day squad. 

Yeah I think I will too :-( people shouldn't be able to play that bad and not get dropped.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darrenm said:

Please no:

• Hutton
  • Baker
  • Grealish
  • Adomah

Yes to:

• Bree
  • Taylor
  • Green

I'm trying to pick a team with those hopes

--------------------Johstone------------------

Bree------Chester-------Elphick-------Taylor

---------------------Jedinak------------------

-----Lansbury---Hourihane----Bjarnason---

-----------------Hogan----Green------------

Is the best I can come up with and I had to drop Kodjia and resurrect Jedinak to get there. What did you have in mind?

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm trying to pick a team with those hopes

--------------------Johstone------------------

Bree------Chester-------Elphick-------Taylor

---------------------Jedinak------------------

-----Lansbury---Hourihane----Bjarnason---

-----------------Hogan----Green------------

Is the best I can come up with and I had to drop Kodjia and resurrect Jedinak to get there. What did you have in mind?

That's very good actually. I'd probably drop Jedi and put Lansbury at the back and bring Kodjia up front with Green on the left

On 15/02/2017 at 10:34, striker said:

I hope for Villa's sake Bruce replaces the keeper for this one. Shelvey will shoot from every angle and Johnston will be put under tremendous pressure from the start of the game.

I very much doubt that Bunn would do any better. 

10 hours ago, darrenm said:

That's very good actually. I'd probably drop Jedi and put Lansbury at the back and bring Kodjia up front with Green on the left

It's not a bad side and it's better with your change, although I'm unsure of Green as a midfielder, I think he comes as part of a pair of wingers and I find it hard to put together a shape that works with him but without Adomah. Personally, I'd give the side that started the last one another go, it looked well balanced and it carried a threat I thought, despite the result. There's some depth here, and with it a test for the manager in that now whenever he loses a game there will be people for whom the selection was wrong.

8 hours ago, John said:

I very much doubt that Bunn would do any better. 

Probably right mate. Absolute madness to replace an inexperienced keeper with another one. I wonder is there any decent keepers available on a free? Someone said here that Kirkland was available. Yes I know the record of injuries he has but bringing him in until the end of the season on a pay as you play deal wouldn't do any harm?