Prematch Thread

Grasshopper

I think it's a 4-1-3-2. 

For me that back four is missing three of our strongest options - the one of those that's questionable being Taylor over Amavi - it'll be interesting to see Taylor play as a proper full back rather than a wing back, I think it'll suit him better.

In midfield it'll be a competition between how often Jedinak wins the ball back for us in the air and whether any of our players can get to it before he gives it away again. If they can, then it's a formation in which in theory, Jedinak holds in case of breaks, Bjarnason works and Hourihane and Lansbury can get forward. Shelvey vs Jedinak might be the key battle on the field and thankfully it's one Jedinak can win without having to have the ball.

Kodjia and Hogan up front without wingers can suit both to a large extent, they can play in a way that's almost two lone strikers who happen to be next to each other - if Lansbury can feed Hogan, we've a chance on the break.

I've seen worse line ups - i still think it's harsh on Adomah, but I guess we'll see.

• Like 4

On 18/02/2017 at 08:29, ferguson1 said:

Ok, I think we'll lose here and probably by a couple of goals, but here goes based on who's likely to be it:

--------------------Johnstone------------------

Hutton-----Chester-------Elphick-------Taylor

---------------------Jedinak------------------

-----Lansbury---Hourihane----Bjarnason---

----------------Hogan----Kodjia-------------

Subs: Bunn, Baker, Amavi, Bacuna, Grealish, Adomah, Green

Don't really like the team above, but it's set up with the hope of not conceding, frustrating the opposition and then perhaps nicking a goal.  It's my birthday on Monday and will no doubt be ruined by a depressing defeat.  

Blame me if it goes wrong!  I called Bruce this morning and told him I know best!! :D

• Like 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

Strategy Steve has changed the lineup yet again.

Not that it matters were still starting Johnstone so 6 - 0 to Newcastle all they need to do is get a shot on target.

Johnstone may be rubbish but even he can't concede 6 goals from one shot on target. ;)

6 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Johnstone may be rubbish but even he can't concede 6 goals from one shot on target. ;)

I see what you mean and i've edited :D

Guaranteed they will have plenty of chances especially with Gayle against Slowphick

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1