Prematch Thread

Grasshopper

The day we get hammered. We'll be kicking off so often we wont have to hoof for Hogan/Kodjia to get a touch.

The day Holloways QPR go above us

The day the away fans turn

The day DrT weilds the axe

The only positive for Bruce being he hasn't got far to get a taxi back to his roots

All on live TV for the whole nation to see how far we have fallen

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

The day we get hammered. We'll be kicking off so often we wont have to hoof for Hogan/Kodjia to get a touch.

The day Holloways QPR go above us

The day the away fans turn

The day DrT weilds the axe

The only positive for Bruce being he hasn't got far to get a taxi back to his roots

All on live TV for the whole nation to see how far we have fallen

Positive chap aren't ya ;)

• Like 2

Same team that started last night for me. It's going to be a tough one obviously, but I'm hopeful we can give a good account of ourselves. I think we'll lose, we seem to lose no matter what else happens at the moment, but I think we'll be surprisingly competitive.

I hope for Villa's sake Bruce replaces the keeper for this one. Shelvey will shoot from every angle and Johnston will be put under tremendous pressure from the start of the game.

Edited by striker

I don't see this as a foregone conclusion at all.  We're playing well enough that we can give any team a game.  We just need to cash in on our chances and try not to be punished by silly mistakes.  We're as likely to lose to Rotherham as Newcastle and as likely to beat Newcastle as Rotherham.  The quality is there in the squad that we won't be out-classed by anyone in this division, not even Newcastle.  I'd love this to be our watershed game, but I'm long past expecting or hoping for it.  Just don't be shit please Villa.

• Like 2

Shelvey will destroy us shooting from wherever.

There wingers/fullbacks will destroy Hutton and Amavi

Gayle and whoever will slowly wear down Chester & Baker

I can see Bruce playing

SJ

Hutton Chester Elphick Baker Amavi

Hourihane Lansbury Thor

Hogan Kodjia

• Like 1

This match is on my birthday, and I will be up in Scotland so I am going to drive down for this match. I am going with my old Newcastle friend so I really hope we somehow knick a win. I had to pay him 50 quid last season because I bet we'd finish higher than Newcastle. I almost took the same bet this season.