limpid

Match Polls  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Now I've got a keyboard, here's my view:

Johnstone - 7 - Didn't see him do a lot wrong. Not sure if he could have done any better with the goals but pulled off a great save to tip a free kick over and was very resourceful with his throws, setting up some decent attacks. Also didn't panic under pressure from stupid back passes.

Hutton - 5 - Started really good but kept leaving masses of room on his wing and actively ran away from someone with the ball even though there was no-one else covering. Gifted their 2nd goal to them.

Chester - 8 - Assured and a class above.

Baker - 4 - Really bad. Gets the ball and rather than carry it forward into space to pick someone out a bit further up, just plays it wide straight away to a player who is already under pressure, whereas he wasn't.

Amavi - 5 - Some good stuff and some awful stuff. Not one of his best performances. Comes up with something a classy now and again such as the reverse backheel while taking it down which put Grealish through. But then a few times lost it unnecessarily.

Adomah - 6 - Had lots of the ball and was a constant threat on the right but almost every single cross was either underhit or overhit. But I think it was his cross for Kodjia's goal? He just needs to stop hitting it while running full speed. Take a step back and cross it.

Hourihane - 5 - Tried hard but was ultimately being played as a DM where he couldn't do a lot. Should have been played in Grealish's spot where he could have affected the game.

Lansbury - 8 - Along with Chester the only ones to come out of it with any credit. Tried to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Lots of shots. Always battling and committed.

Grealish - 2 - Utterly shocking. Pedestrian throughout and showed no commitment whatsoever. Had lots of the ball which was all entirely wasted.

Kodjia - 6 - Really lazy on the wing but when came central was really dangerous running onto through balls from Lansbury. Until Bruce stopped that by taking Lansbury off?! Tried to do everything himself after that which was actually our best chance of scoring.

Hogan - 5 - Didn't see a lot of the ball but was sat on the defenders shoulder for most of the game. Not enough angled runs behind to beat the off-side, just preferred to wait for a through ball that never came.

15 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Johnstone - 7 - Didn't see him do a lot wrong. Not sure if he could have done any better with the goals but pulled off a great save to tip a free kick over and was very resourceful with his throws, setting up some decent attacks. Also didn't panic under pressure from stupid back passes.

Sorry but on this I have to disagree. 

Penalty was at what is called 'the perfect height for keepers' and he was nowhere near it

2nd goal - he went down in stages

3rd goal - again too slow to react

That save from the free kick was unnecessary as his hand/arm were well above the bar and he should know that

His throws were good I'll give him that and he should do it more often. His kicking is atrocious, though to be fair he could be deadeye accurate and the lack of aerail presence would mean we lose it anyway.

47 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Sorry but on this I have to disagree. 

Penalty was at what is called 'the perfect height for keepers' and he was nowhere near it

2nd goal - he went down in stages

3rd goal - again too slow to react

That save from the free kick was unnecessary as his hand/arm were well above the bar and he should know that

His throws were good I'll give him that and he should do it more often. His kicking is atrocious, though to be fair he could be deadeye accurate and the lack of aerail presence would mean we lose it anyway.

Fair enough. I didn't see a lot of the 1st and 2nd from the North Stand. 3rd goal I was pretty close and I didn't think he could have done a lot about it.

Angus Macdonald for them played quite well. They singed him for absolute peanuts from Torquay. I watched him play for Torquay against Kidderminster in 2014 in a game they lost. Just shows how players can rise up the leagues. Barnsley have unity and it really showed. We need that as soon as possible. 

Â