Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Barnsley

limpid

Match Polls  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Supporting villa at the moment is like having one of those nightmares where your desperately trying to run away but your legs won't move.

I am literally at a loss with what will turn our fortunes around.

Its as if no matter how hard we try the footballing gods have decided we are going to drop down a further division.

Feeling more miserable about the Villa than I ever have except for the late 1960s. It's worse now because at least back then a massive part of the problem was the club was run by a load of doddering old fogies so there was a solution available by clearing them out. Now we have a rich Chinese owner who has pumped loads of money into the club and yet we are faced with worse and worse results.

I'm guessing Bruce has 3 or 4 matches to turn this round or he's out. But that won't solve anything, I'm afraid.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

I have no idea what I want.

I just plain don't understand what we have to do.

we've spent a ton of money on players that were bossing this league. We've employed a manager with a proven record of getting out of the league.

we may not get relegated but we bloody deserve to after the last couple of 'performances'

i don't know what I want (but a less painful passion than being a villa supporter would be a nice start)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Hopefully defeat at Newcastle on Monday will see the end of Bruce the dinosaur.

I actually think you will get your way shortly......my worry is, it won't make much difference.

• Like 1

We need to start the same XI for the next five games back-to-back no matter how crap they are. Constantly changing starting XIs and changing formations might seem the thing to do but it really is the opposite of what we need. Those players need to learn to play with one another and without the fear that one mistake means they'll be dropped. Just don't start Gresford !!!

8 minutes ago, sonic_bouma said:

Supporting villa at the moment is like having one of those nightmares where your desperately trying to run away but your legs won't move.

I am literally at a loss with what will turn our fortunes around.

Its as if no matter how hard we try the footballing gods have decided we are going to drop down a further division.

yes , and then we cant attract quality players , much as now.

Â