Midweek Football 13/16 February

andykeenan

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I thought Messi was appalling tonight, worst I have seen him play. His lack of effort was dreadful but he was losing balls in midfield that were unforgivable. Iniesta and especially Busquets didnt help either. Busquets was so bad I nearly felt pity for him then I realised he is a total prick

sad to see greats like Iniesta and Messi look past it at this level. maybe its time Barca cut them loose

I noticed in a few games that he loses the ball a lot more than he used to. Everytime he got the ball there were two or three PSG around him so difficult for him and Barcelona midfield was crap. 4 or 5 of their players just aren't good enough now. End of an era

One common denominator is Unai Emery. winner of three europa leagues in a row, put one over Liverpool last season after they destroyed Villareal. Wouldn't put it past him winning the champions league this season.

PSG have been woeful in the league though....looks like he's the new Benitez.

What do we reckon for tonight then....I actually think if Arsenal play properly they can get through as this Bayern doesn't convince me.

2-1 Bayern tonight and Arsenal 1-0 second leg.

I've been so out of the loop when it comes to football ever since Villa were relegated, watching this game felt like stepping out of a time machine. Ancelotti at Bayern, when did that happen. Hummels at the back I knew about but completely forgot about.

Â