New Manager : 2017

darrenm

I could also warm to the idea of Ranieri.

Got the experience without being a Dinosaur.

Usually not scared to change things up "Tinkerman"

Well liked and respected by his players also.

One of his downfalls was being too loyal to the players which "peaked" last season as I read somewhere.

Most Leicester fans pissed off he is gone.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Sacking him after a defeat to Derby tomorrow would be risky as the two big games against Bristol and Rotherham coming up quick with Huddersfield away the following Tuesday. Anything less than 6 points from the next 5 games ending with Sheffield Wednesday at home on the 11th of March should see him gone. That would give the new manager (who should be lined up already) a week to prepare for a crucial game against Wigan.

Of course we could go on a great run and win our next 5 games and I'll look rather silly.

28 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Are you guys not worried that if we get a new manager we may need to re build our squad again and wait for our players to gel?

or is there a suggestion that a new manager would get the most out of our current squad?

Of course, those are always risks.  But how well is the current rebuild working?   How well is it gel-ing when every match is a new formation and new personnel, there is no coherent plan to gel into.

I'm voting for a manager that might work, ahead of one that clearly isn't.  I would prefer to get the manager that would have a 100% guarantee of success, but my Crystal ball is in the shop right now.

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Sacking him after a defeat to Derby tomorrow would be risky as the two big games against Bristol and Rotherham coming up quick with Huddersfield away the following Tuesday. Anything less than 6 points from the next 5 games ending with Sheffield Wednesday at home on the 11th of March should see him gone. That would give the new manager (who should be lined up already) a week to prepare for a crucial game against Wigan.

Of course we could go on a great run and win our next 5 games and I'll look rather silly.

No one is silly, either way, because none of us know the right outcome.....we only think we do......do we stick or do we twist?

However, we do all know, The manager cannot go on losing indefinitely and stay in the job.

Football is not always fair, as Claudio has witnessed.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

We should throw everything at getting Ranieri in. Imagine how he could motivate this team, for example:

String 4 passes together and pizza for everyone. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

9 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

We should throw everything at getting Ranieri in. Imagine how he could motivate this team, for example:

String 4 passes together and pizza for everyone. 

So Gabby to score a hat-trick in every remaining game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dounavilla said:

So Gabby to score a hat-trick in every remaining game.

My next Ranieri inspiration was going to be hanging the pizza menu in the back of the net....

OT but sacking him is the most ridiculous thing in my football fan life. Football will never be like it was no matter how much we wish it would. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump the thread but didn't want to clutter the Bruce thread up. 

Interesting article regarding Wagner and one of the reasons I was in support of him being appointed over Bruce and want us to go all out in the summer to get him or someone like Stam.  

“There is not only one way to be successful in football but this was our way at Dortmund – and my way,” says Wagner. “I am totally convinced about this way of playing. I like speed, I like passion, I like this style of football. Bayern Munich, for example, are very successful and play another style. I respect their style and it is another idea about football that is very successful but, if I had to choose what style I like most of all, it is the style we play. There are different ways to be successful. We have our way at Huddersfield, or we are finding our way at least, and this is what I prefer.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/06/huddersfield-town-david-wagner-jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-liverpool

Imagine appointing a manager who had a clear footballing ethos and identity. 

One day soon. 

hopefully 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

Another interesting article regarding a so called flavour of the month manager. 

Oh to have someone with vision at our club to make these decisions rather than full back to let's get my mates in. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3961048/amp/How-Jaap-Stam-leading-Reading-s-revolution.html

‘It’s all fair having a philosophy but the attacking threat wasn’t there. Now we’re playing possession football but threatening. The penny is finally dropping with the players. There must have been times when Stam thought “let’s just go to 4-4-2 and lump it forward and score some goals” but he was adamant. Top-class managers all have their philosophies, they’re brave and stick to it and that’s what wins them trophies. Will there be bad times? 100 per cent. But they stick with it.’ 

What's our footballing philosophy? ? ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Oh to have someone with vision at our club to make these decisions rather than full back to let's get my mates in. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3961048/amp/How-Jaap-Stam-leading-Reading-s-revolution.html

Safety first?

You shall not pass?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Hoof the ball to the wings

• Like 1

On 25/02/2017 at 09:53, a m ole said:

I know there is absolutely no chance but that 29 year old that has Hoffenheim 3rd in the Bundesliga would be an interesting punt.

Just what we need at the moment an'interesting punt'