Villa Kit 2017/8

stewiek2

18 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Oh if anyone knows of good sites to buy retro villa shirts at reasonable prices please drop me a message. Always on the lookout for older replicas :D

Classic Football Shirts mate.

They had the black third kit from 07/08 and the away from 08/09 but I just looked and they're gone, couple of used ones on there though.

I won't be buying another shirt until the crest is changed to the circular 80s one. 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Frank Raphael said:

I won't be buying another shirt until the crest is changed to the circular 80s one. 

You won't be buying a villa shirt again then, someone on here might know more but I think the circle badge was changed because of copyright problems

22 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Oh if anyone knows of good sites to buy retro villa shirts at reasonable prices please drop me a message. Always on the lookout for older replicas :D

The club shop had some at £20- if that is reasonable enough for you?

Home: Claret and blue shirt with collar, white shorts, black socks. (The strip for a big chunk of the mid 20th century, so a nod to tradition)

Away: White shirt no collar, white shorts, claret socks.

Change: Black shirt no collar, black shorts, claret socks.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Home: Claret and blue shirt with collar, white shorts, black socks. (The strip for a big chunk of the mid 20th century, so a nod to tradition)

Away: White shirt no collar, white shorts, claret socks.

Change: Black shirt no collar, black shorts, claret socks.

This what you'd like to see or what you've been informed is happening?

7 hours ago, skarroki said:

This what you'd like to see or what you've been informed is happening?

Sorry, it's just what id like to see. I also want us to reacquire a more maroon shade of claret. For too long now, IMO, our shade of claret has been on the pinkish side, especially in strong light. Umbro would sort us out, their kits have always been the coolest. 

20 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

You won't be buying a villa shirt again then, someone on here might know more but I think the circle badge was changed because of copyright problems

I think that's wrong or a myth, or only applies to that exact crest.

There would be nothing stopping the club from having the 80s one slightly modernised. Aston Villa Football Club on it, gold lion rampant (redo it with both and then let the fans vote on a claret lion or gold lion) and for the love of God remove that **** star. 

Failing that, either just return to the pre-Randy crest or have an embroidered gold lion rampant on the shirts similar to how they've been putting it on the back of the shirts on the neck. Use that for the main crest on the front.

I understand it's not always possible due to sponsors and kit suppliers, but I really like when teams play their final home game of the season in the kit they are going to use next season.

Would be nice for Villa to do that some day.

1 hour ago, sne said:

I understand it's not always possible due to sponsors and kit suppliers, but I really like when teams play their final home game of the season in the kit they are going to use next season.

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Would be nice if they released a kit before pre-season for once

Unfortunately, we're always changing either the shirt manufacturer or the sponsor to ever do that. Have to honor the deals in place and have designs done well in advance.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2017 at 19:46, sne said:

We did once when we had Diadora kits. It was the game we sent Cov down

• Like 1

IncogAVFC has tweeted we're due to announce Groupon as our next shirt sponsor. 

Think the account has had some correct information in the past (no doubt I'll be corrected and informed he's a spotty 14yr old on his laptop!)

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

IncogAVFC has tweeted we're due to announce Groupon as our next shirt sponsor. 

Think the account has had some correct information in the past (no doubt I'll be corrected and informed he's a spotty 14yr old on his laptop!)

Interesting - Groupon is a big company over here. Is it popular in the UK?