Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

Pride Rewards - I've not spent any in three years so have a few thousand, and there's absolutely nothing there for me.

Transport - Not much the club can do about this maybe, but I live about six miles away and now need to leave at half twelve to get a parking spot, and I'm lucky if I make it home by half six. That's getting ridiculous. I live on the train line and would like to get the train, but the waiting time to get on is also ridiculous. I'd walk but it's taking your life into your hands now it's dark at night. Help us out lads. Some more car parks a bit further out going straight onto main roads, or bribe WM Railway to chuck an extra six-coacher or two on half hour after the final whistle.

15 minutes ago, blunther said:

Pride Rewards - I've not spent any in three years so have a few thousand, and there's absolutely nothing there for me.

Transport - Not much the club can do about this maybe, but I live about six miles away and now need to leave at half twelve to get a parking spot, and I'm lucky if I make it home by half six. That's getting ridiculous. I live on the train line and would like to get the train, but the waiting time to get on is also ridiculous. I'd walk but it's taking your life into your hands now it's dark at night. Help us out lads. Some more car parks a bit further out going straight onto main roads, or bribe WM Railway to chuck an extra six-coacher or two on half hour after the final whistle.

Transport is the main issue for me too. Whenever I get the train to Villa Park it always results in walking back to the City centre after the match as the queues for the train are ridiculous. It shouldn't be that difficult to put on enough trains to get people back to Birmingham after the game and we should be making it easier for people to get public transport to and from the ground to cut down on the number of people driving.

• Like 1

Car Parks need attention.  I come in via Brookvale Road.   When we were last in the Prem, as well as the big main official car park, there was one opposite known as "Beau Crest" also the place on the left a little further down (just before the station entrance) used to operate as a car park on matchdays, then there was the School on the road to the left (past the Villa Chippy).   None of these latter three operate any more and therefore the big main car park is so busy - after the Liverpool game, it took me 40 minutes to even get off the car park, never mind then queue in the traffic along Brookvale Road.    The folks that man the main car park did mention that at one time there was talk of opening exit gates at the rear (leading on to Electric Avenue I think) - at least that would take some of the queue away to get out into Brookvale Road.   It is so bad now that I may have to look for somewhere else to park which is a shame as the people that man the big main car park are all nice and friendly but the time to get out is just getting ridiculous now .

57 minutes ago, blunther said:

I agree on the transport.  The trains are so bloody poor. Esp for night games. There just isn't enough capacity to take everyone home.

Gents, the agenda has now been passed onto the club - if there's anything really pressing here I'll try to get it asked on the day.

For transport, I think the ultimate aim is to do enough with the spaces around Villa Park so that everyone doesn't arrive and leave at the same time. If we're to increase capacity this is a must as the surrounded infrastructure simply can't support the numbers of people we're attracting all looking to move at once.

10 hours ago, blunther said:

Same here, not spent a one. I'm a reasonable intelligent late middle age man but the website is at best disinteresting and at worst leaves me confused about what I am entitled to and what I can and can't do/buy. 

• Like 1

To be fair to pride rewards it was great when you could get Villa Under Armour training gear with your points.  Picked up 2 rain jackets one hooded one without and a lovely grey 1/4 zip top.  

Last 2 years however I agree complete lack of anything!!

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

To be fair to pride rewards it was great when you could get Villa Under Armour training gear with your points.  Picked up 2 rain jackets one hooded one without and a lovely grey 1/4 zip top.  

Last 2 years however I agree complete lack of anything!!

Yeah, I had a couple of bits of the UA training gear, they weren't too badly priced points-wise either but since then it's been absolute garbage. They also did some pre-match events with special guests which were pretty good.

I'm just saving mine up in the hope that they may put something half decent on before the end of the season.

I greatly appreciate the time that you take to attend and transcribe your notes @OutByEaster?, but I have to concur with Ingram. It seems like a complete waste of everyone's time. May as well send the feedback to Nicky Keye's disabled email account and sign it The General.

Q: Problem

A: It's all fine

At the next meeting could you congratulate the useless **** running the ticket office for getting my claret card to me after 3 months.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Transport:  We used to have Police directing traffic on the main roads years ago when we had big crowds.  It meant getting away from the ground easier for everybody.  The traffic lights arent suited during this period and cars block each other off.  We just need a few police at those key points of traffic congestion and getting away would be easier for everybody.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Transport:  We used to have Police directing traffic on the main roads years ago when we had big crowds.  It meant getting away from the ground easier for everybody.  The traffic lights arent suited during this period and cars block each other off.  We just need a few police at those key points of traffic congestion and getting away would be easier for everybody.

Club feedback  Walk.

• Haha 1

Â