Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Relay a big thank you to Dr Tony Xia for ending the RL nightmare, his investment and enthusiasm.

I wish him all the best in his quest and adventures getting us back to our full potential.

This. 

In no particular order-

Could they do a 'final five' ticket package again like they used to do a few years ago? If we are playing better and they are well priced, it could get a few more season tickets nxt yr.

Could they do a selection of matches in a package for a certain price next season for home games? Like a mini season ticket but less of a match by match discount. I am sure there are loads of lasped Villa fans who would like to come to Villa but cannot commit to a 23 game season due to many, many reasons.  For example a 6 game package resulting in about a 15-20% saving from match day tickets?

Could they re start the local buses for Villa games again? Or is this purely a function that can only function when we get promoted? And traffic management in general in the Villa Park area- can this be improved? How much can the club contribute towards this issue?

Could one day local travel be included with your ticket like Germany, now that the West Midlands Combined Authority is to be delegated transportation powers? 

Could we have a friendly in the summer versus Watford for the memory of Graham Taylor? 

North stand/Aston regeneration- any updates? 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Could we have a friendly in the summer versus Watford for the memory of Graham Taylor? 

An excellent idea, I'd even go to Watford for it. Of course, we might not be a big enough draw for Watford these days, but I'd like to see something done for Taylor's memory if possible. 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I can see the logic in the way they do it, in that they have one person taking the order and taking the cash, and one person "running", so getting what they order.
But they execute it appallingly.

The guy takes your order, turns to his mate and says "one pie and one beer" who then goes off and gets it, comes back, opens the beer (slowly!), gives you the pie. but all this time the guy who's taking your order is stood there watching until it's all done and you leave and then the next order is taken.

It should be the first guy takes your order, which is heard by the second guy who immediately grabs the pre-cooked pie and pre-opened beer while you're paying, then chucks it at you when you've paid ready to grab the order of the next guy who's already giving it to the guy on the till.
Why they don't pre-open beers or pre pour coffees etc is beyond me.

Motivate them. Give everyone at a kiosk an extra £1 an hour if they serve 500 people during half time or something.

Oh absolutely, 10/5 minutes prior to half time have someone pouring pints (constantly) and another opening bottles. They are flat anyway, so if they've been there a few minutes no one will care. Alternatively they could have one of those machines that pour 8 at a time, like they have at festivals. 

As you say, the 2 severs doesn't work as it's not done properly, which I don think is hard to put in to place. I had three severs the other week and it still took 5 mins (after queuing for ages) for 2 pints and bar of chocolate.

As a side note went into the Trinity for a cup game last year (usually sit upper holte) and they had hot pork sandwiches... OBE can you ask for those in the Holte?

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is probably an old, tired issue, but being my first season as a ST holder it's something I've really picked up on this year.

The service at half time at the beer/food kiosks is genuinely pathetic.

They are so painstakingly slow. It would be very easy to change things, I'm sure any half decent catering manager would be able to do it, but it doesn't seem to happen.

Surely it's in the club's interest to sell as much stuff at half time as possible? 

It sure if anyone has replied to this but my understanding is we've been looking at it for a while, we're one of the few bigger clubs that still does it in house, they're looking to contract it out

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

It sure if anyone has replied to this but my understanding is we've been looking at it for a while, we're one of the few bigger clubs that still does it in house, they're looking to contract it out

I believe it has now been contracted out.

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I can see the logic in the way they do it, in that they have one person taking the order and taking the cash, and one person "running", so getting what they order.
But they execute it appallingly.

The guy takes your order, turns to his mate and says "one pie and one beer" who then goes off and gets it, comes back, opens the beer (slowly!), gives you the pie. but all this time the guy who's taking your order is stood there watching until it's all done and you leave and then the next order is taken.

It should be the first guy takes your order, which is heard by the second guy who immediately grabs the pre-cooked pie and pre-opened beer while you're paying, then chucks it at you when you've paid ready to grab the order of the next guy who's already giving it to the guy on the till.
Why they don't pre-open beers or pre pour coffees etc is beyond me.

Motivate them. Give everyone at a kiosk an extra £1 an hour if they serve 500 people during half time or something.

Or could we try the person taking the beer order takes the cash for it and then gives you the beer and the next person who was previously the "runner" does the same (that seems to me a simple way of speeding things up and it works reasonably well in pubs)?

How about we also make the drink and food orders separate because that would simplify things for the staff and thus potentially increase speed of service? We might also try different stations for different types of drinks to further simplify things so the person taking the order could pour from a tap next to him/her after taking the money?   

There's many different solutions.

But I think we can all agree it's crap now :D 

Seriously, there have been times where I've gotten down there 2 minutes before the half time whistle, I'm about 5th in the queue and I get my food or drink with about 5 minutes of the break left

I think something needs to be done to improve the relationship with players and fans.. what that is.. i dont know.. but over the years.. players have come and left and they have small digs at the clubs.. disrespecting the fans.. and the fans have little time for the players these days. Alot of other teams are shit and perform awfully yet the players/fans still respect each other. Think its a big issue thats causing pressure on players/anger with fans. 

• Like 2

I'd like to see a payment card system for food and drink like they have in Germany and Belgium. It saves so much time with people not having to fumble about for change.

Sadly it will never happen because, like everything, this country is so far behind those countries when it comes to football.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

I'd like to know how they plan to improve AVTV because it's woeful.

Radio coverage is inconsistent and quality of content is poor, highlights come at random times sometimes days after the game.

Very little player interviews or features. Surely there could be intergration with the official mobile app allowing for push notifications of new content etc.

Following on from the above post. Since it is looking like we'll be in the Championship again next season with zero coverage outside select games on Sky Sports, can they look at providing a service for us foreign fans outside the UK (thus not conflicting with local TV rights) to stream the games either live, or immediately after the final whistle?

Further to that, I recall Dr Xia mentioned that they might look to get coverage rights in China for the Championship next season, is that likely to happen?

With AVTV being atrocious, the club seems to forget it has fans outside of the UK. 

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

I'd like to know how they plan to improve AVTV because it's woeful.

Radio coverage is inconsistent and quality of content is poor, highlights come at random times sometimes days after the game.

Very little player interviews or features. Surely there could be intergration with the official mobile app allowing for push notifications of new content etc.

I am not on Facebook and I pay for avtv - why are press conferences and some youth games shown live on Facebook and yet not shown live on avtv which people have actually paid for ? 

Avtv is very poor and needs to improve hugely .

• Like 3

Â