Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

3 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

As an aside I thank you @OutByEaster? for being our VT representative and doing this on behalf of us.

Indeed . Just noted the youth cup game being shown live on the avfc Facebook page as we speak but those avtv paying customers are getting sod all .

Edited by Eastie

Seemingly a lot business mumbo jumbo and swatting away in those answers if you ask me. Not all of it of course and these forums are very important but a lot of the answers are underwhelming. Maybe I'm just miserable but I'm one of the more up beat posters on here usually! 

Edited by Wezbid

i think unfortunately we've had experience of faceless people with great experience elsewhere coming in and giving us exactly what we need, saying we've brought in this bloke and he did something somewhere else means nothing as we sit here right now

and elphick, what the **** were you thinking? awful music, that said that stupid **** claret and blue song at the end of games is even worse

Why ask Elphick in the first place. He's knewly arrived. Ask the bloody fans. It's just a small thing but these little things matter and you don't need a degree or be able to quote corperate jargon/speak to understand such things. 

• Like 1

Thank you Out by Easter for attending and making the notes. At least the club is talking to fans representatives which is a positive. I do somewhat agree that it looks like they are trying to run before they are walking. We can have many grandiose plans for football world domination but they are going to look a bit silly if we are in League One.

The discussion on transport is interesting, it sounds like they are aware that is a problem which can't be resolved by the club alone. However if I do recall although it is ancient history the club had previously gained  permission to expand the North Stand under Ellis without any transportation improvements. Though this is nearly 20 years ago and perhaps fans movements to and out of the ground have evolved since then (more on the trains nowadays?).

At the end of the day fan schemes and loyalty promises mean diddly squat if the football is terrible. If we start to have a winning team a lot of things will start to fall into place. If.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Whilst I applaud and encourage rewarding the Season Ticket holders and those already attending, a big focus needs to be concentrated on bringing in those uhhmmmming and arrrggghhhing. Ticket prices are mental and floating fans are not going to be drawn in apart from the team winning game after game. 

Being able to buy 3/5/10 games at a time may help or offering 25/50% off 3 games for every shirt purchase for example. It's better to get bums on seats for a bit of a loss than a smaller crowd paying more. Apathy soons sets in with those picking games, entice them to turn up every home game and the more likely they are to get hooked on it. 

The Villa are still getting rid of people, I know for a fact someone who was there for many years has just been got rid of with NO explanations or excuse. In fact he had to threaten an unfair dismissal claim  to even get the payoff deserved.

Something not quite right at B6.

Edited by rjw63
Might have given too much away

Thanks Scott for making our points to them - as for avtv I've given up my subscription now as not worth the money .

i think wyness seems a decent type but for now what happens on the pitch is the main thing that will attract fans back - will be interesting to see who the new shirt sponsor is and would be nice to get a well known name this time .

Think Xia might have to be a bit "creative" with sponsoring if we are going to be able to keep this up for another season and beyond.

Unless he comes up with an Man City Etihad type sponsoring deal our finances will be in the toilet.

Did no one ask Tommy Jordan a question or did he just take the minutes?!

We do have a youtube channel but it's taken a hit on relegation, we'll need to be promoted before it's improved I suspect.

Another reason to get rid of Elphick, baffling decision.

One idea I do like from what was raised was free transport to and from the game in the West Midlands area. They do that in Germany after all so would be a nice touch and make the miserable matchday a little bit more bearable but of course I realise you need co-operation of the West Midlands transport authority which isn't easy.

So may irrelevant questions asked re the club shop. Such as (paraphrased) "how will young fans know about Villa if we don't have a city centre presence?"

Who asked that one, Doug Ellis? 

Great work as ever though OBE! Cheers. 

• 2 months later...

Gentlemen (and ladies),

There's another one of these meetings on the 6th June - VT will be sending a representative to listen, report back and most pertinently to ask the questions you'd like asked. 

I believe it'll be attended by Keith Wyness and there's usually a Head of Department or two there.

So, what do you want to know?

Â