Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

19 hours ago, Fight Like Lions said:

It’s been mentioned elsewhere on the forum but worth putting here I think. Can the idea of a preseason friendly with Hibs for next summer be suggested at any future meeting please?

Thoroughly impressed with how friendly their supporters are and it’s quite rare nowadays to see such positive exchange between 2 fan bases. Both sets of fans seem keen from what I’ve seen.

I know there are lots of factors to consider when putting together a preseason but this would be great!

Brilliant idea. I like the sound of a friend between hibs and villa

On 25/07/2018 at 20:28, OutByEaster? said:

So, VT were invited to Bodymoor Heath this afternoon at fairly short notice; the new owners and their team wanted to take advantage of their all being together pre West Ham game to meet some supporters and fan groups.

We spent some time with their teams who listened to us on how the group works and some of the ongoing issues and we were then introduced to Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris - they didn't have long as they were headed to the game, but it was great to see them take an interest so early in their time at the club. It was interesting to hear their teams talk about fan groups and it's clear that from the Milwaukee Bucks that it's something they take an interest in and value.

Overall, there was just a very sensible vibe to everything, it looked like sensible people going about their business sensibly in an organised way. I'm not sure how much I can claim to know after this type of short meeting - but I came away with a pleasant confidence - they look like people who know what they're about.

I’m not sure I can comprehend these words in relation to our club. It’s not the Villa way.

I give these guys 6 months.

• Haha 1

Was just reading some of the sad news about Ron Saunders and saw a few calls for naming a stand after him and so on.

I was just sat thinking about this and thought about another statue or some such and I just remembered a nice touch I saw at the Stadio Olympico in Rome, Where every few paving slabs along there would be a 'hollywood stars' type thing set into the floor with the names of all the medalists from the Rome Olympics.

If we did something similar around VP with famous names from down the years I could see it being quite popular with fans old and young, from the clubs perspective a fairly cheap way of doing things (The one's in Rome aren't all posh and swanky like hollywood boulevard - more functional and mostly perspex!) but you only get 4 stands, Statues cost a fair whack, and people would always disagree who that one person should be, this way many people could be honoured. The plaque set into the floor in front of the McGregor statue is the sort of thing I could envisage. Especially easy around that bit by the Trinity Road stand with all the brick walkways. No room taken up around the entrances/exits like a statue.

Anyway I know I don't speak for all and not suggesting you go to a meeting and mention it, more just a thought.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ladies and Gentlemen, there's another of these meetings on the 13th November with Christian Purslow in attendance.

If there's anything you'd like asked at this meeting, please let us know on this thread,

At the moment, the things I've picked up on are the website which is still not the best experience and the pride rewards scheme offering - I'm also aware that people have had trouble with the new shirts and clothing lines and supply and that there have also been some issues with ticketing. 

If there's anything on those you'd like to add some detail to, anything new that you feel can be improved, anything you're curious to know or any suggestion you want put forward - now's your chance.

We need to submit a set of formal questions for the programme by the 6th November - anything other than that will depend on how chatty the new CEO feels!

1. They recently did a scheme where you get 3 x tickets for £45, is there any more ticket incentives coming up? If so are they going to do anything to reward season ticket holders who would subsequently be paying more for tickets? (As a caveat, I’m not saying they shouldn’t do the incentives as it’s a good idea to entice people in)

2. Is there plans to open the trinity upper full time?

3. (Usual one) Will they be looking at improving the service in the food and drink concourse areas?

• Like 2

An obvious one and I'm not sure you'll be able to get an answer but can you ask about the club finances and possible FFP implications. We've gone from nearly being wound up in the summer to our CEO saying we will comply with FFP , how did this happen? 

I'm sure they won't be able to provide much details but worth asking anyway.

• Like 1

Another request regarding the service in the ground, the start of the match is normally fine but half time is beyond a joke.

Also the Holte Suite... we get told that it's a benefit of being a ST holder but ST's are rarely checked meaning that any one can go in. I normally get to the ground around an hour before kick off and spend around 20 minutes queing to get in, once inside the place is half empty. Can't they come up with a better system? They also have around 6 club staff on the doors standing around laughing and joking with each other, wouldn't the club be better off having two doormen and then putting some more people on the bars.

Rant over ?

• Like 2

Echo the comments about the halftime food. It's always crap.

And the Holte Suite stuff. i've never been in there because the queue is always so big I'd spend more time queuing than actually being in there.

• Like 2

Remember for a short period during learners stewardship that they had catering staff wandering about the concourses with trays of food at half time. Very much the way the Americans do it. Would it be possible to do something like this to lesson the pressure on the kiosks?

• Like 2

Could you ask what the current status is with regards to the Villa engine? 

Was it all just meaningless words spouted to make fans think they were busy or did anything so much as a locomotive ever get developed. 

With Smith in charge it seems like something which might stand a better chance of getting going this time around. 

33 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Could you ask what the current status is with regards to the Villa engine? 

Was it all just meaningless words spouted to make fans think they were busy or did anything so much as a locomotive ever get developed. 

With Smith in charge it seems like something which might stand a better chance of getting going this time around. 

its still going - its called "Smith implementing his playing style"

• Like 1

I’d like VT Rep at meeting to ask if we plan to buy any lower league European clubs for feeder clubs for us?

would be good to get good South American talent that could go to our  feeder clubs for year or two then move to Villa once have work permit or to send our youth on loan to them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Remember for a short period during learners stewardship that they had catering staff wandering about the concourses with trays of food at half time. Very much the way the Americans do it. Would it be possible to do something like this to lesson the pressure on the kiosks?

There would be less pressure on the kiosk if they didn't hire absolute **** morons.

• Like 1

When can we see the theme park plans .... or was the Dr full of shit ? Promises were made ... all joking aside the ground needs Major money spending on it ... so my question would be will we see any improvements other than to the corporate area or some cupboard given to kids as a gym anytime soon ? .... I love villa park but it’s turning into a bit of a dated shit hole in many areas and respects... I’m not talking necessarily the north stand which we know has to be developed in due course ... but the toilets concourses food outlets in all stands are not good enough and need investment...  basically I’m jealous of spuds cheese room .... there I’ve said it ;) 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Â